Disappearing xrefs when binding

Jamie Bass

Using AutoCAD2008LT, recently upgraded:

When binding an xref to a subordinate drawing, the bound drawing completely disappears. :cry:

How can I sort this problem out, and in particular, how can I retain the layers that are showing in "model space in paper space" without having to reset all the layer properties? I read somewhere that I need to purge the layers but this does not resolve the problem anyway

This never used to happen in 2000 or 2004, seems to be a new occurrence for 2008? :?

All help gratefully received!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been having this problem too.

I find that when I go into the xrefed file and do a purge, audit, save then refresh the xref it will bind/insert after that.

I am having the same issue in Civil3D 2010. Usually purging and auditing both the xref and drawing fixes the problem for me. If that doesnt work try just detaching the xref and re-attaching it. Though this has not been the case for me recently. I still cant figure it out....