Printed Drawing size to fold into A4

Hormell

How to fold an A2 size to A4 so its easy to open it up again.

I dont want the /2 and again /2.

Is there a beter way to do this? and how?

thx

here's an image of my A2-frame with the mesurements indicating where to fold so that in the end you'll get a A4.

Uhm....let's see....the 195-measurement you fold backwards and the 387-measurement you fold forwards... makes sense?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dipali

• Tiger

• khama

• Attila The Gel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thx Tiger,

it helped. Though

A2 is 594x420 (landscape)

A4 is 297x210 (landscape)

Your method helped out I used your fold instructions but with other measurements!

again thx allot.

There should be a tutorial on this! How to fold paper! I know there are lots of standards but still!

Glad to help :) I always fold a A2 or A1 landscape into a A4 portrait so for me the measurements make sense.

I'm sure there are some of the older, or should we say more experienced drafters here that are gasping right now at how someone doesn't know how to fold drawings :shock:

I gotta admit that I had no idea until I started working..

I'm a bit embaresed to say this is the first time I fold an A2 :oops:

Thats seems funny to me to :shock:

A0,A1 all the time but today when I looked at the A2 size I scratched my head for a second, maybe its because its friday?? I had the same idea of doing it but I thought I better ask first. And I always like to say there's alwas a better way!

edit: I started as a drafte 10 mounts ago before that I was an electricien, man I'm glad I learnt CAD in nightschool, so its a little bit normal I hope!

A2 always foxes me for a second or two before folding - as you say, A1 and A0 are more 'normal'

Now... how about abstract roll plotted lengths? :wink:

Mr Strix's railway drawings are huge great long things, and once you've been shown how to fold those, you can fold anything!

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone....

regarding folding DWG i would like to see if can find help to get a way to fold an A0 paper into A4 in a way that i can put it in a plastic file and open this DWG without rmoving from the file or dossier or folder...

Hi everyone....

regarding folding DWG i would like to see if can find help to get a way to fold an A0 paper into A4 in a way that i can put it in a plastic file and open this DWG without rmoving from the file or dossier or folder...

I can do this, :P

I can demonstrate in person, but it is kind of hard to explain the method in words:? .

we regularly do this with A1 here, so can be done with A0 as well:)

Mr Strix's railway drawings are huge great long things, and once you've been shown how to fold those, you can fold anything!

Fun to try work out the best way though :P

My first day on the job as an engineer was folding contract documentation from A1 to A4 to make up contracts.

We used a folding machine !!!

Ok it was a steel sheet with notches cut into it each notch represented a different fold line the sheets were folded so they opened out not folded on top of each other you end up with an A4 but the first fold is short not full portrait short edge, You can have plan stapled into a folder but still open plans this way with out taking them out.

Just went and checked our current A1 title block has tick marks on the edge so you know where the fold point is probably acient from the days of pen and ink.

just an extra A1 = 841x594

841/2 =420 x 594 =A2

594/2 =297 x 420 =A3

420/2 =210 x297 = A4

297/2 =210 x 149 =A5

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
You can fold any size(however large it is) into a4 size.:)

there is way to do it.

we use to fold a1 sizes into a4 for filing in such away that without removing it from the file, u can open it to full size to view.8)

i learnt it during my internship back in 1994.

From where i get the same procedure to fold nicely.... my e-mail address is manoj.vasoya@gmail.com. Higly appreciate if any mail me the same.

You can fold any size(however large it is) into a4 size.:)

there is way to do it.

we use to fold a1 sizes into a4 for filing in such away that without removing it from the file, u can open it to full size to view.8)

i learnt it during my internship back in 1994.

Just went and checked our current A1 title block has tick marks on the edge so you know where the fold point is probably acient from the days of pen and ink.

just an extra A1 = 841x594

841/2 =420 x 594 =A2

594/2 =297 x 420 =A3

420/2 =210 x297 = A4

297/2 =210 x 149 =A5

My first day on the job as an engineer was folding contract documentation from A1 to A4 to make up contracts.

We used a folding machine !!!

Ok it was a steel sheet with notches cut into it each notch represented a different fold line the sheets were folded so they opened out not folded on top of each other you end up with an A4 but the first fold is short not full portrait short edge, You can have plan stapled into a folder but still open plans this way with out taking them out.

thank youdsfdsf

• 5 months later...

hi,

there must be a rule to fold the A2 so in the left side of it you have a 2,5 cm part, and the rest of the paper is folded to fit exatly in a A4 format paper:D