Do you have Awesome Drafting Service Websites?

GreenDrafting

Hello,

I'm looking for a good drafting service website for an examples to start mine. I am going to start building my website, but i don't know what information i need and how professional it should look? If you have a site or know of someones please reply with web address.

As always thanks,

Green Drafting

I created mine in about an hour. That is, after I spent five hours trying to figure out how to use a master template and applying it to each page.

Here's an excellent one. I don't know how the service is though, but it's a great site.

here

That is a nice looking site. Here's another one that I thought was pretty cool. Simple, but effective. Just the way I like em.

Nothing wrong with that. I like your drop down menus, especially how they stay put even after you move the mouse away from them.

Thanks. A guy at the w3schools.com forum showed me how to do that. If you look at the source you'll see I gave him a "shout-out" for it.

Thanks. A guy at the w3schools.com forum showed me how to do that. If you look at the source you'll see I gave him a "shout-out" for it.

Don't get mad, but I might steal that code and alter it up a bit. If you don't mind, that is. It sure would save me a lot of time googling.

Don't get mad, but I might steal that code and alter it up a bit. If you don't mind, that is. It sure would save me a lot of time googling.

Sure. I don't have a problem with that. Leave the shout-out for the guy who helped me with it would you and let me know after you've implemented it into your design so I can see. :wink:

• 1 month later...

The key for having a "template" for each page is actually using php scripts. The easiest way to implement that is with Wordpress, a piece of blog software. You can actually run an entire website from it.

As far as trends on the web, flash is on the way out... blogs, CMS, are taking over.

The key for having a "template" for each page is actually using php scripts.

Absolutely agree.

As far as trends on the web, flash is on the way out...

Really? Whate evidence do you have to support this?

My opinion: we're moving away from proprietary formats and products in all areas of computer life, in many cases with great results.

I've torn out quite a few flash-only sites to replace with content managed solutions, and the flash complaints are pretty uniform.

If you're Sony with an in-house staff, promoting media, then it might be the right choice for a movie promo website... for the rest of the world, somewhat less practical when it comes to accessibility, navigation, user control, viewport size, etc :)

I agree that Flash has problems in spades compared with properly coded sites and it's clear that most Flash designers have not grasped the fact that they are designing an interface and not just a pretty box of tricks but I think Flash still has a place and can be used positively if embedded within a coded site and used for what it does best. I see no sign of it dying as a medium and so I think the best thing would be to see it being used more inteligently.

I see no sign of it dying as a medium and so I think the best thing would be to see it being used more inteligently.

I would agree with that statement entirely. In the right hands, it can be a worthwhile tool. I tend to make sweeping statements so please excuse that!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I did mine over 2 nights

www dot warrenarchitecture dot webs dot com

realy easy to create enjoy :D

I hate flash website, they seem to restricted and slow.

It depends, I got a link on my website from the Worldtime Server, it's flash, but it's also a very fast display of the atomic clock. They like myself are obsessed with time. Flash content can be slow when the page is cluttered up with huge intros, the server is weak or badly managed and your IP is not the greatest.