+ Reply to Thread
    Cyclopean

Default Trying to achieve a 60" plot

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Thanks in advance for any help.

We're looking to purchase a plotter, and we will be needing to produce some prints at least 60" wide. After looking at the prices of 60" plotters, we were a bit astonished. If we purchased a 42" plotter, could we coax AutoCAD into plotting 60" lengthwise, producing a sheet 42" x 60"? That would save us a great deal of money.

I have tried installing the drivers for the HP Designjet 600 (42" model), then printing to a file, but my sheet sizes are limited, and I can't make it print 60" lengthwise.

Thanks again!

Computer Details
    f700es's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro (W)/Windows 7 Home Premium (H)
    Computer:
    Dell Optiplex 9020 (W)/ Dell Inspiron 570 (H)
    Motherboard:
    Intel (W)/AMD (H)
    CPU:
    Intel Core i7-4770 quad (W)/AMD Athlon 2 X4 (H)
    RAM:
    16 GB DDR3 (W)/ 6GB DDR3 (H)
    Graphics:
    nVidia Geforce GTX 645 (W)/nVidia GF GT430 (H)
    Primary Storage:
    256 gb SSD 0/ 1TB 1 (W)/1 TB (H)
    Secondary Storage:
    Seagate FreeAgent Go 320gb
    Monitor:
    Samsung P2770HD 28" LCD and Samsung B2430 (W)/Acer 28" LCD (H)
    Discipline
    Facilities Mgmt
    f700es's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Space Database Admin
    Discipline
    Facilities Mgmt
    Details
    Archibus Management, Space planning, Design
    Using
    AutoCAD 2017

Default Re: Trying to achieve a 60" plot

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclopean
    Thanks in advance for any help.

We're looking to purchase a plotter, and we will be needing to produce some prints at least 60" wide. After looking at the prices of 60" plotters, we were a bit astonished. If we purchased a 42" plotter, could we coax AutoCAD into plotting 60" lengthwise, producing a sheet 42" x 60"? That would save us a great deal of money.

I have tried installing the drivers for the HP Designjet 600 (42" model), then printing to a file, but my sheet sizes are limited, and I can't make it print 60" lengthwise.

Thanks again!
    HP used to be able to do this. I no longer have one at this job but had 2 at last job and when you had the plotter set to auto-rotate and max printing it would print till the image was printed. Our's would not do 42" wide but it would do 36" by whatever you need as long as the roll was long enough. I know for a fact the HP650's would do this( used to do it every know and then). Good luck

F7
    Please do not PM me with CAD questions. Post your question on the forum. Our users are the best out there and you'll get the best possible answer to your question.

- http://f700es.deviantart.com/gallery/ -

Bloke

Cyclopean,

Length is no obstacle!!! With most standard printers you can choose whatever length you like as long as the roll can handle it. What do you intend printing though? You'd want some long desks to read those drawings off!!

Bloke

Discipline
    Mechanical
    fuccaro's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Mechanical eng.
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Using
    AutoCAD 2006

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

We are using a HP Design Jet 488 CA. The paper roll allows us to print any length we need. When it is really necessaries we split the document in two pieces and print them separately. Than we glue together the two parts. It is the only way to have large formats; the printers limit is 600 mm
    It's nice to be nice, but sometimes is nicer to be evil!
    Tip: Please do not PM or email me with CAD questions - use the forums, you'll get an answer sooner.