delete key not working in autocad

in your "options" under the "selection tab" make sure you have "noun/verb selction" checked.

We had a problem like this at my old job and If I remember correctly that was the issue.

Let me know if it helps

• 4 years later...

Just a tip, i always used the delete key to remove items in autocad also. I always though why would i click the erase button when i can just hit the delete key on the keyboard. Well years ago i got a 4 button mouse and set the button by my thumb to the delete command. Now i have a different mouse with more buttons and have added copy with base point and paste. It saves me a lot of time to just be able to press a button on my mouse for delete, CWBP, paste.

• 1 year later...

Although i have no idea how it happened, options => selection => "noun/verb selection" solution worked perfect for me. Thank you very much.

Just to clarify...

"The noun/verb selection" toggle in Options controls the PICKFIRST system variable. IOW, they are the same.

pickfirst2.png

Just out of nowhere just now, my delete key stopped function in autocad. It work fine in windows.

any ideas?

This is why I keep an eraser in my desk. The big pink ones that we used to chew on in elementary school.

• 1 month later...

I just ran into this issue today. Happened for no apparent reason. This post below from smorales02 was my solution as well. Thanks guys!

in your "options" under the "selection tab" make sure you have "noun/verb selction" checked.

We had a problem like this at my old job and If I remember correctly that was the issue.

Let me know if it helps

I just ran into this issue today. Happened for no apparent reason.

Escaping out of a Lisp routine is often the culprit.

• 1 month later...

I have no idea how this happened. It seemed to just happen out of the blue but thank you for your help, it help to calm me down right away.

Let me know if it helps

Escaping out of a Lisp routine is often the culprit.

Also some AutoCAD commands, Express Tools (LISPs) and Third Party add-ons.

• 4 months later...

like many of the above comments, my CAD crashed yesterday and as a result the delete key on my keyboard has stopped functioning in CAD only.

When you refer to the 'Selection TAB' and 'Options', where exactly am I to find theses tabs, I cannot locate them on my AutoCAD LT 2015 screen.