Bill of Materials in AutoCAD MEP?

Siberian

Anyone know how to make a BOM (bill of materials) in AutoCAD MEP? Can't seem to find any command or other way to achieve this...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZERYAB

• chee_dee

• buzz

• blackeagle1245

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what I use. It creates an Excel Spreadsheet for all MvParts, and other tools used. Great program. Just add/enable it in your Macro Load menu (Cad Manager > Macro > Load Project...) and then run the file named "Main" at the end under your Macros Dialog Box. :)

MEP_Information_Report.zip

So there really isn't a built-in thing for this...? Wierd...

I can't seem to make your program work proparly. It keeps telling me "Can't find project or library". I so don't get VB :(

• 3 weeks later...
So there really isn't a built-in thing for this...? Wierd...

I can't seem to make your program work proparly. It keeps telling me "Can't find project or library". I so don't get VB :(

Here is how you run it:

Go to CAD Manager > Macro > Load Project.

2385301350_365885254f_o.jpg

Now browse for the file and Open it from whatever directory you saved it under.

2385301360_9e51b06715_o.jpg

Next, go to CAD Manager > Macro > Macros... and select the 4th option down as in the picture below (the modMain.main file) and hit the Run button.

2385301386_7271056d9e_o.jpg

Then it will create the Excel BOM that you're wanting. :)

One of the reason this will happen is if the project (.dvb) references a version of Excel different from what is on the current machine. From within the VBAIDE, look if anything is listed as "Missing" in References. If it is Excel, select the correct version (may have to scroll down to locate it) for the machine.

Reference.jpg

these are whats missing:

AEC MEP 5.5 Application Library

AEC MEP 5.5 Base Object Library

AEC MEP Plumbing 5.5 Base Object Library

Apparently this VBA project is very AEC MEP specific. If you are trying to use it with Standard AutoCAD 2007, the project will likely need modification to avoid tripping up on those missing libraries.

• 3 months later...
Here is how you run it:

Go to CAD Manager > Macro > Load Project.

2385301350_365885254f_o.jpg

Now browse for the file and Open it from whatever directory you saved it under.

2385301360_9e51b06715_o.jpg

Next, go to CAD Manager > Macro > Macros... and select the 4th option down as in the picture below (the modMain.main file) and hit the Run button.

2385301386_7271056d9e_o.jpg

Then it will create the Excel BOM that you're wanting. :)

Can you please add calculated plumbing lines size (in dia) also. Regards, ZERYAB

Great Program! It will be more useful if it can generate plumbing lines lengths with calculated pipe sizes (dia). Can you modify it and send it to me.

Regards,

ZERYAB

• 2 weeks later...

I created a Duct Material Schedule that calculates sheet metal area, weight, liner area, lengths, etc. - it was done with the use of Property Set Definitions. You could accomplish the same thing for Piping.

-Buzz

Plumbing ducts do have parameters like length, dia meters etc, but plumbing lines do not, can you please check it, if there is any option?

but can you tell me the next procedure to create schedule for plumbing lines as its not available in the Shedule and Tag option for plumbing. please your quick reply is needed

• 3 years later...

When the length of a pipe or duct is over 50000 units, the VB programme stopped, it said 'Overflow'. The problem line is follow:

arrABS_Object(2, i) = CInt(arrABS_Object(2, i)) + aDuct.Length 'add one to the # of same column to the identical Duct

Please correct it if you can, thank you.