stretch an image

dugg

Seems like I remember one time being able to stretch an image in the x direction and the y direction not being affected by it or vice versa. When I do it now it seems to scale it. So how does one make an image a different scale in one direction than the other?

I got access to cadoverlay and raster design if that makes any difference.

Insert your image file into an empty drawing and then insert that drawing as a block into your current drawing. You can then adjust the X and Y values independantly in the Properties palette.

i dont think u can stretch an image in autocad,

if ur images r xrefs then i would modify the attched image file using an external app like paint.

if there ole objects just right click on the image n select open n depending on the image it will open in the original app that it was created with then modify it from there

Insert your image file into an empty drawing and then insert that drawing as a block into your current drawing. You can then adjust the X and Y values independantly in the Properties palette.

The image will still scale from memory. if u change the length the width will update automatically

The image will still scale from memory. if u change the length the width will update automatically

No, I double checked before I posted. Insert the image into a drawing and then insert that drawing as a block. You can then adjust the X and Y values independantly in the Properties palette. I tried to post an screenshot, but I'm having technical difficulties at the moment.

sorry your right it does, i just gave it ago, i missed the important part about inserting it as a block the first time n jumped the gun a bit

• 7 years later...

if its an OLE object, click on it and on the Properties Panel > Lock aspect - select no.

you can now adjust or stretch in your case, the Height and Width of the image

cad64, can you make a video on how you did it.. thanks in advance :)

Wow! This is an old thread.

It's pretty simple to do. If you know how to insert an image, create a block and open your Properties palette, you should be able to do this with no trouble at all.