Wheel mouse zoom - "already zoomed out as far as possible"

nscherneck

Anyone using the wheel on the mouse to zoom in/out? Ever have the program prevent you from zooming out and stating that you're "already zoomed out as far as possible"? Anyone know how to fix this?

nah doesn't work. if i use the Zoom command and choose extents then resume use of the wheel for zooming the problem corrects for a time, but i want to figure out why the program does this in the first place. it's painful when you're on a roll.

turns your limits off or set them to something ridiculous like 1,000,000x1,000,000.

Type limits into the command line.

If you want a quick and easy work-around then draw a circle that's vastly larger than your drawing, do a zoom extents, delete the circle, and zoom back to your drawing.

I've had this problem before and I use the Zoom -> Extends, but as you said this only fixes it for a moment.

PD: And yes Regen doesn't fix this problem.

i've tried setting my limits to a huge size, but setting them even larger could do it. i'l give that a shot before i zip the project and post (it's got four or five floorplans XREFed).

If it does it without the xrefs just upload the single drawing file with a rectangle draw to show a rough outline of ur drawing with all the xrefs

• 4 months later...

I too often recieve this "already zoomed out as far as possible" and can concur, regen doesn't help, changing the limits doesn't help, likewise, the only remedy thus far has been to hit the zoom extents button.

It's not the software as I just recently switched mices and software, problem still there.... but it's not only with AC! I recieve this same problem in my GIS software, Mapinfo v6.5 and in Corel Draw v12.

I have a suspect, moreless a theory... I can't help believe it has something to do with the USB mouse connection. I never had this problem when I was still using a USB to PS2 adapter, maybe just me but I only started using a staight USB mouse connection a year ago maybe. I'm convinced that mouse behavior between USB and PS/2 is significantly different.

Unfortunately, I don't have a USB/P2 adapter handy to test this theory or I would.

Just a thought, Good look,

[s[

• 1 year later...

Try this... When you cannot wheel out any further with the mouse wheel. Type in Zoom and a value of say .01, this should increase your zoom spectrum. You can then wheel in and out to the .01 value. you can use .001 or .002 whichever works for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I found an informal quick-fix that worked for me:

1) I "zoomed out as far as possible".

2) Regenerated my model.

3) I repeated the above two until I had a "zoom out" span I desired.

From then on, I had no problem zooming back out to that point.

I found an informal quick-fix that worked for me:

1) I "zoomed out as far as possible".

2) Regenerated my model.

3) I repeated the above two until I had a "zoom out" span I desired.

From then on, I had no problem zooming back out to that point.

Yes, you reset the virtual drawing space. If you zoom back in far enough it will reset back to a smaller space - requiring a regen again.