Attributes in Dynamic Blocks..

hardwired

Hi,

How come attributes in Dynamic Blocks won't stretch with the rest of the objects when included in a stretch action?

Or at least i can't get them to. They don't seem like being included in the parapemter's / action's selection set and therefore won't stretch but everything else does. The attribute's positions aren't 'locked' so why won't they play?

Any ideas?

I haven't tried stretching atributes but have used a move action on mine. I know that works. I'll have a look at stretching when I get a chance.

I have tried a Move Action alongside the Stretch Action but neither will allow me to add the attributes to the selection sets - keeps saying '2 unlocked AttDefs filtered from selection'..

Have you tried it with the attributes locked? I know they have to be locked for certain actions.

Can you post your block.

edit - the attributes that I move ARE locked.

I tried locking the attrbutes but still won't move. maybe i have set-up my block badly, but surely its not rocket science..

Anyway, i have (hopefully) attached the block..

LEVEL.dwg

Glad we've got it sorted. It would appear that locking the attributes allows them to be controlled (locked?) by an action rather than themselves being locked in space. Looks like it may be time to press F1. :)

Yeah, i thought, as others would, that locking their position, would do just that, but obviously, it serves a different purpose in dynamic blocks..

• 9 years later...

Hello,

I've been having similar troubles with stubborn attributes that refuse to flip with my parameters. From the suggestions above, I've also locked the attribute's position before applying the flip parameter. Yet it still does not not to want to flip. I'm really confused. Is there something more to be done?.

Thanks in advance.

Anagha