Migrate Custom Tool Palette

jrobpong

I am upgrading AutoCad LT 2008 to AutoCad LT 2009. I have created a custom tool palette with over 6000 xrefs and really don't won't to recreate it 15 times. Anyone know of a quick and dirty way to migrate the tool palette over. Thanks in advance! :)

I'm not really sure about LT, but with AutoCAD, you can open content browser in 2008 and export your catalog to a location. Then in 2009 drag the catalog to your new toolpalette.

I am upgrading AutoCad LT 2008 to AutoCad LT 2009. I have created a custom tool palette with over 6000 xrefs and really don't won't to recreate it 15 times. Anyone know of a quick and dirty way to migrate the tool palette over. Thanks in advance! :)

type CUSTOMIZE at the command line. Then under "Palettes" in the dialog box, Right-Click the Tool Palette you want to save and chose "Export". Save this in a network location if you can. If not, make a default folder.

Open AutoCAD 2009 LT, type CUSTOMIZE again, Right-Click and chose "Import" and go select the previously saved exported Tool Palette. It will retain all the original path locations, not to mention the custom properties set to each block/xref if any were made. :)

• 8 months later...
type CUSTOMIZE at the command line. Then under "Palettes" in the dialog box, Right-Click the Tool Palette you want to save and chose "Export". Save this in a network location if you can. If not, make a default folder.

Open AutoCAD 2009 LT, type CUSTOMIZE again, Right-Click and chose "Import" and go select the previously saved exported Tool Palette. It will retain all the original path locations, not to mention the custom properties set to each block/xref if any were made. :)

Any idea how to do this in MEP 2009 as the export has dissapeared?? I want to get a new pallete group i have made saved so other users on network can add it, (the blocks etc are on network also by the way)

Any idea how to do this in MEP 2009 as the export has dissapeared?? I want to get a new pallete group i have made saved so other users on network can add it, (the blocks etc are on network also by the way)

Yes, I answered your other post. :)