Extrude along curved path using taper function

nicojl

Hi

it seems that I have some trouble with this function.

When I extrude circle, everything is ok, when I want to extrude hexagon, I have some trouble...

using basic trigonometry, when you have circle of 169.8mm, it should lower to 100mm after 2000mm and 1 degree angle. That's exactly what I got when I extruded the circle along the polyline.

For the Hexagone (inscribed) I use the same exact OD, angle and path as circle, but 2 problems shows up: (1) The final OD is not 100mm, but lower, it seems that the tapering angle is different of what I specified; (2) I see a little distorsion at the end of the hexagon, 2 distances are the same, 1 is different.

The procedure to build this model is as follows: draw hexagone with radius 84.9, follow path, use taper angle of 1 degree along a polyline which is 1000mm straight, and 1000mm at 15 degree angle. See the attached file.

I use ACAD 2008 saved as 2007

Thanks in advance for the help

Essai.dwg

I don't have time to look at your file right now, but if you know the beginning profile and you know the end profile you could simply do a Loft without the need for any calculations.

• 2 years later...

hi,

i have a problem in extrude alonge a specify path for example, curve path.please solve my problem.i am using auto cad 2006

Edited by sougat1
for getting job

What are we mind readers? Please solve your problem? Since you provide no information what-so-ever and no images either what do we have to go on? We need more details. The more information you supply the better your chances of obtaining a solution.

Did you try the LOFT method as suggested by JDM to nicojl for solving his problem?

actually sir,

one simple curve is there.i want to do extrude one circle through that curve path.so i am trying but could not success. so please give detail procedure for doing this.

One simple curve and one path. I don't see where you would have any problem. Did you look at your AutoCAD Help files and read what is written on the Procedures tab for the Extrude or Sweep command? Is there a taper involved like the one that appears in the original post that started this thread?