Problem with Ctrl C / copy command

I have a problem with my Ctrl C command. In AutoCAD Map 3D 2008.

I am not able to copy selected objects, when i hit control c my selection disappears, CAD prompts me to select the objects i want to copy. At first i thought this was because the pickfirst was set to 0, however it is set to 1 so should work ok. For all other commands (move, trim etc) they alll work on selected objects hence not losing my selection.

Has anyone got a solution for me so i can copy selected objects, its driving me insane.

Thank you!!

When you hit CTRL+C does it say _copyclip in the command line? If not there might be a shortcut problem?

Either way, does it work if you type the COPY command instead?

yes it does say _copyclip when you hit Ctrl+C.

It does work when I type 'copy' then prompts to enter base point etc...

It also works if i type 'copyclip' so its just in the short cut Ctrl+C that its not working

maybe i need to reset the short cut for the copy clip.... of which I'm not that sure how to do.

Any ideas??

Thank you!!

Still not working.... I reset the Short cut, changed it, and still the same problem, i can't copy selected objects... Aaaahhhh!

Does anyone know if there is a setting with how objects are copied to the windows clipboard (...not pickfirst), or if anyone has any other ideas.

Thank you

Does the problem only relate to COPYCLIP?

ie does CTRL+SHIFT+C work? and if you use the COPY command does CTRL+V still work to paste?

it relates to all copy functions when using the control key, ie copy with base point, copy and copyclip when using the "CTRL+SHIFT+C"; "CTRL+C"

Ctrl V works to paste

I just checked, it also doesn't work for cutting ie CTRL+X, but if i type cutclip in command line it does work...

Does this happen outside of CAD, like in Word or something? It seems strange that paste works but all cut/ copy commands don't... :?

It works fine in word/excell etc.

I was affraid it might come to this :cry: haha

Because i'm on a work machine i'll have to contact the IT department to get permission (2 weeks and a head ache later....) to run a repair as like most work places i don't have administrator privileges.

Unless if anyone elese has any ideas thank you for all your help, greatly appreciated!!!

Since I'm not familiar with Map 3D, I'm not certain but I MAY have a solution to your problem. (This is how it worked in past versions of AutoCAD) :

In OPTIONS, go to your USER PREFERENCES tab. At the top, left... under "Windows Standard Behavior" (this is the area where you customize your right-click, as well), be sure there's NO CHECK in the box next to "Windows Standard Accelerator Keys". If that box is NOT CHECKED, AutoCAD interprets keyboard accelerators by using AutoCAD standards rather than Windows standards. (In this case, CTRL + C would equal CopyClip.) If the box is CHECKED, AutoCAD is forced to follow Windows standards in interpreting keyboard accelerators (e.g. CTRL + C = Cancel).

[ EDIT: I've realized that in the latest versions of AutoCAD, the above settings -- which used to be handled in the MNS and MNU files -- are now manipulated exclusively in the CUI files, which you've already attempted. The option to turn Windows Accelerator Keys on or off globally no longer exists in the latest releases. Sorry. I'll leave the post intact for "knowledge base" purposes. ]

• 6 years later...

Hi all

Wondering if you could help me..

None of my CTRL functions work in AutoCAD but work elsewhere ie desktop, in word etc

PLEASE HELP