acad 2009...export layout to model problem...

hazardman

i downloaded the trial version of 2k9, on a win xp machine, with the main interest in trying out this new feature...unfortunately i have yet been successfull in using it as autocad either locks-up durring the export or end up with an "unhandled exeption...eDegenerateGeometry"...

just wondering if anybody else is having similar difficulties...

i'm also attaching the details of such an exception (and i probably should report this to autodesk for their investigations)...

Tried checking the AutoDe$k Discussion Forums but a search of the AutoCAD 2009 forum using "export layout" yielded no useful results. Haven't tried the AUGI forums yet. No mention of a problem doing a Google search either.

Seems like you have encountered a first.

You don't think it has anything to do with running XP by any chance versus Vista?

You don't think it has anything to do with running XP by any chance versus Vista?

probably not...i am able to export from a test drawing i did from scratch but it's no where near as complex as the 2008 drawings i'm trying to export...

i was able to insert a plan drawing (that i wblocked from 2008 ) then exported but i haven't tried it with an office title block yet...

btw i'm the only one in the office running 2008 as the rest are on lt2006 so perhaps saving as a 2004 format might be giving me some issues...

humm, i also noticed that the error message that i thought was attached is missing so i'll try again...

eDegenerateGeometry.txt

• 3 years later...

I have also tried doing some exportlayout workflow on my Autocad 2011 files. Have you had any luck sorting this out?

i downloaded the trial version of 2k9, on a win xp machine, with the main interest in trying out this new feature...unfortunately i have yet been successfull in using it as autocad either locks-up durring the export or end up with an "unhandled exeption...eDegenerateGeometry"...

just wondering if anybody else is having similar difficulties...

i'm also attaching the details of such an exception (and i probably should report this to autodesk for their investigations)...

• 3 months later...

I have had this issue in AutoCAD 2010, 2011 and now in 2012. Small files with hardly anything in Model space work fine. But large files cause AutoCAD to go not responding. I wish Autodesk would get this fixed. The command would be very useful if it actually worked correctly.

I have used it since AutoCAD 2008 with few problems (those few problems were in the 2008 Autodesk Labs Extension) no matter drawing size. It is more a problem of what is in the drawing than drawing size.

Just a hunch, try turning off the InfoCenter (a.k.a. SpyCenter) SEE THIS.

Also, what are your computer specs? What graphics card? Latest driver?

After binding all external references, purging and auditing, I was able to export. It caused AutoCAD to say that it was not responding for 15 minutes, but it finally exported the layout. I think that it's because the file is so large. (4.35 MB)

Thank you for your response!

Shutting off the InfoCenter made a huge difference for me! (WSCommCntr3.exe or something like that.) It is now exporting in a reasonable amount of time.

Thank you!