I see the lines but can't select them!!!!!

First and foremost as ReMark has stated, ensure that the "0" layer is not frozen or turned off. If this layer is frozen or turned off you will not be able to pick objects in your dwg.

i am having the same problem. But will u pls tell me where does this "oops" option come?

OOPS restores erased objects. Yep, it's a command alright.

how to reconcile the layers?

One suggested method:

Open the Layer Properties Manager palette, activate the Unreconciled New Layers filter, select the layers, right-click, and reconcile the layers.

• 2 years later...
On 4/10/2008 at 3:04 AM, rustysilo said:

Maybe try running an audit and a purge on the dwg. If that doesn't work I'd give'r a restart to see if the problem remains.

i just had same issue, I was using defpoint layer and change my point type, the defpoint layer developed same problem tried everything. I decided to change my point type back suddenly defpoint layer started working correctly.

• 2 months later...

I have had this problem over the past year. None of the suggestions in this thread have worked. (I do appreciate all of the feedback though)

What did work for me is this,

1. Hover mouse over view cube in top right corner of model space.

2. Click the home icon that appears.

3. Select 'top' view on the cube.

This is the only thing that I could find that would work. Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...
On 1/6/2021 at 8:10 PM, nja said:

I have had this problem over the past year. None of the suggestions in this thread have worked. (I do appreciate all of the feedback though)

What did work for me is this,

1. Hover mouse over view cube in top right corner of model space.

2. Click the home icon that appears.

3. Select 'top' view on the cube.

This is the only thing that I could find that would work. Hope this helps.

This one truly worked for me!!! Thank you so much 😭

• 2 months later...

Hi - I was having the same problem. I had frozen layer zero. When I unfroze it I could select the viewports again. I've never know zero and defpoints to be related, but this seemed to work. I'm using the latest version of ACAD Lite. Hope it helps. 

N.

On 9/22/2021 at 9:25 AM, NLO said:

Hi - I was having the same problem. I had frozen layer zero. When I unfroze it I could select the viewports again. I've never know zero and defpoints to be related, but this seemed to work. I'm using the latest version of ACAD Lite. Hope it helps. 

N.

Layers 0 and Defpoints should never be frozen.

Layer 0 should only be used for creating block entities with properties usually set to ByBlock so inserting that block to another drawing wouldn't add any layers to it and the block would always have the properties of the insert's current layer.

Defpoints layer is only for dimension nodes and should never be used for drawing objects. If you need a no-plot layer pick any layer other than these two and set it to no-plot.