CUI changes aren't taking effect

warren

I made a change to my Architect 2008 ADT.CUI file to change the mouse button configuration, but the changes aren't taking effect. The old configuration is still working. I found that I have two ADT.CUI files. The one in ...userdatacache\Support has a 2007 date and the one in the ...\enu\Support folder has today's date. Apparently the CUI editor lets me edit one but the other is getting loaded. How do I get the newer version to be the one that gets loaded?

maybe you could copy the "good" one over the "bad" one. then whichever one gets loaded will be the same. (before trying this, i would make a copy of the "bad" one and save it somewhere, just in case the program freaks out. in which case you could just put the "bad" one back where it came from.)

I made a change to my Architect 2008 ADT.CUI file to change the mouse button configuration, but the changes aren't taking effect. The old configuration is still working. I found that I have two ADT.CUI files. The one in ...userdatacache\Support has a 2007 date and the one in the ...\enu\Support folder has today's date. Apparently the CUI editor lets me edit one but the other is getting loaded. How do I get the newer version to be the one that gets loaded?

The one in userdatacashe\Support is a virgin copy for replacing the one in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 200X\RXX.X\enu\Support if it gets corrupted. Modify that one.

The one in ...enu\Support is the one I edited, but the changes haven't taken effect.

In detail, I ran the CUI command and displayed the Main CUI, which is ADT.CUI. I went to the mousebuttons section and changed mousebutton #5 from command a to command b, mousebutton #6 from command c to command d, etc. But after exiting out of the CUI editor, when I click button 5, I still get command a. When I click button 6, I still get command c. If I go back to the CUI, the changes are still there, so they've been saved, the changes just aren't being used. The only way that's possible is if there's some activation process that has to be done after making a change, or else its loading them from a different menu than the one I'm editing. And the only other ADT.CUI I can find is in the userdatacache\support folder.

• 5 years later...

I am new to AutoCad and using 2011. I have a facility layout per floor and it's main purpose is for facility occupancy. The employee names and port locations are not in a block, but just a layer. I literly have to count each desk wether it is occupied, on hold, or open. Is there a way to export the text from a layer? For instance I have a layer called 1-names, and it list wether a station is open, occupied, or on hold. I have read about lisp, however I am not familar with writing codes. I have tried the data extraction, but if I miss a text name and don't click on it, then it will not export to excel and throws off my count. With having 10k to count each month, I am hoping to find a more productive way to conduct this report. Any help is appreciated.