solid fill hatch

uhm....is the boundary closed? Is it very small? what is the boundary made up from?

And could you at least frase it as a question! :wink:

it is not small, it is closed, the boundary is made of a polyline.

I cannot even match properties with a solid fill hatch within the same dwg.

should I clse down AD & try again?

AutoCAD message:

Unable to fill the boundary with solid.

You will find that the set of lines that you are trying to fill with a solid, are not fully closed. Check all the angle changes in the shape, if that brings no success then draw a polyline from point to point and close it after input. The other alternative is to extend all the lines so they intersect, and then choose the "boundary command".

• 3 months later...

I found my probem (similar to the one above) was solved by using pedit on the polylines and using close. after that my problem was solved!

• 2 weeks later...
AutoCAD message:

Unable to fill the boundary with solid.

I have some issues where some points of lines or pline are out of plane (z is diferent from others) and that causes a nonplanar figure which can't be hatched.

i solved it using flatten command of express

or some lisp z0 that i found in net.

have a nice time

I have had this problem before as well, and I'm not sure if you started your drawing from scratch in CAD? Or did you convert it from another program (Visio, Pro-E, etc.)?

Most likely not huh?? Haha. Well. It was worth a shot.

When I converted Visio files to CAD drawings.. I couldn't hatch anything, and it drove me insane!

Gl though. :)

• 6 months later...

I had the same problem. I had a closed polyline that hatched fine with any other pattern than "Solid". I kept getting the "Could not hatch boundary with solid" error.

I then realized that my UCS was not set to "world". Set it to "world" and it hatched no problem.