How to clip a region from complex drawing

acer666

I got a map in Autocad (100% done by Autocad) and i have to clip out a part of it.

Now i'm using this kind of solution:

I put rectangle (with size of needed part) on my map and TRIM all lines around this rectangle. And after that i delete all unnecessary.

But this is too complex (because map is made by thousands of lines) and it takes lots of time to do this (and i have to do many such works).

Any ideas how i could make my work easier?

Is there a simple way how to crop out a part of that map?

You can convert your map into block. & than use x-clip to clip out the part u want to show on the screen.

x-clip also works with block, but can't check it out as using LT now.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

But when exploding the block, the entire map comes back! How to solve this problem? I want to use my map section for modeling exercises (Focus SSA) and to ensure 100 % control, I want to get permanently rid of the rest of the map...

EXTRIM does not create a block. So, what method are you using to clip out a portion of your drawing that does do this?

I am sure I have seen a couple of custom lisp routines that will create a "detailed" view of a portion of a drawing. Have you tried looking for such a routine?