e-transmit

jaypro

im pretty sure u'll have to do them seperatly mate, u can only modify the file structure within the zip file, not create individual zip files.

It is possible with a short trick.

Save the fallowing lisp file on your computer. Open AutoCAD, go to Tools>Load applications, locate the lisp and drag it in the startup suit. Close the window and go to File>Open. Select all the files you wish to process (use the CTRL and Shift keys for multiple selections) and press Open. The program should do the rest of the work.

Remove the file from the startup suit!!!

(defun etra()
 (command "qsave")
 (command "-etransmit" "c"
      (strcat (getvar "dwgprefix")
          (substr (getvar "dwgname") 1 (- (strlen (getvar "dwgname")) 3))
          "ZIP")
      )
 )
(etra)

thanks fuccaro,

I did what you said.

I tried it but it only created .txt files not the zip files. And besides it only happen when you close the application (autocad) itself.

It could be a problem with command parameters changed since 2002.

Try to make an Etransmit using the keybord only (not clicking with the mouse). If it can be done, the Lisp can be changed accordingly.

Enter in the command line _etransmit (see the underscore!). Follow the prompts. If it works as expected, press F2 to see the command line, copy and paste here the relevant lines. If AutoCAD 2006 works different as 2002, I will change the lisp.

If _etransmit opens the dialog box, try with -etransmit (replace the underccore with dash)

one thing about that lisp, do you need to set filedia to 0 at the beginning, and then back to 1 at the end ?

otherwise a dialogue box appears

hello fuccaro,

Actually from your first reply it worked already. I just didn't notice that it automatically create zip file on the same folder as where the dwgs are.

Thanks again.

one thing about that lisp, do you need to set filedia to 0 at the beginning, and then back to 1 at the end ?

otherwise a dialogue box appears

Late answer: if Filedia is set to 0 you can't make multiple selection from a ... dialog box. Maybe there is a walk-around, to type in the filenames in the command line, but it would be very uncomfortable for say 30 files.

• 1 year later...
Glad to help! What was the problem?

Hi Fuccaro,

i modified the program you did (thanks!)and its working well, but i have a problem in the filename. Seems it cannot take filename more than 27 characters. and its adding another dot before the extension

then the result is *..zip Is there limitation? Note: im not a programmer.

(defun etra()

(command "qsave")

(command "-etransmit" "ch" "ACM_Place All in One Folder" "c"

(strcat (getvar "dwgprefix")

(substr (getvar "dwgname") 1 (- (strlen (getvar "dwgname")) 3))

"ZIP")))

(etra)

(command "close" "n")

Well, I don't know what to say. I tested it again and it worked as expected for short filenames.

You mai try to adjust the line:

(strcat (getvar "dwgprefix") (substr (getvar "dwgname") 1 (- (strlen (getvar "dwgname")) 3)) "ZIP")

replace the number 3 with 4.

To see if the program can handle the long filenames, while such a file is open, enter in the command line:

(getvar "dwgname")

Does it truncate the text after 27 characters?

Hi Fuccaro,

I tried that and still the same. If the source file is under a short folder structure like on Desktop is works well. BUt if something like this

R:\003 PROJECT RECORDS\90038609-KPIZ Building Contract\5-CADD\5.3-WORKING\ARCHITECTURAL\A-GENERAL DETAILS\A-GEN-PLOT\1000-208-VB-8000-23030-V00.dwg the result is 1000-208-VB-800.zip Could this be because of long and deep folder structure or the sub folder name with a space like "KPIZ Building Contract". From the command prompt is see its creating correctly but when you look into the folder its not. Thanks!