xref, working set, block,

svorgodne

I have the next problem. Two computers. Autocad 2006 installed in both. When xrefing in one, I can only edit the entities within the xref or block in the working set. In the other, I can edit all entities in the drawing although they "are not" part of the working set since they appear in shaded colors.

I have not found any system variable that can help and all information I have found is related to add/remove entities from working set, but not about how to lock/unlock the rest of the drawing which is not part of the working set

Thanks for ur help which by the way, as usual it's extremly urgent

Guest Alan Cullen

You have to set (or move) the xrefs into the same folder that they can be found in for each drawing. On both computers. That is as far as my knowledge goes. :twisted:

That is not the problem, the point is in one computer something is configured in a way that I cannot edit other entities than the ones involved in the working set and in the other I can. It doesn't have anything to do with the profile since I have set the same profile in both computers.

Thanks again

You have to set (or move) the xrefs into the same folder that they can be found in for each drawing. On both computers. That is as far as my knowledge goes. :twisted:

:shock: look who is answering the x-ref related question.

:twisted:

SVORGODNE,

There is something wrong. I have never come across (using x-ref for along) where we can edit the objects which are not in working set without adding them to working set.:?

In the "Reference Edit" dialog, go to the "Settings" tab and uncheck the "Lock objects not in working set" box.

I didn't knew about that one. :huh: I guess one can never know enough.

thanks for the tip

• 7 months later...

A really late reply, but:

check to see if any layers were frozen, I had the same error. I had freezed a "noplot" layer before editing the xref and couldn't save the changes. I thawed all the layers and then edited the xref and it'd save my changes then.

Michael