Zoom Wheel problem with 2009

PatFES

I just installed AutoCAD 2009 and the mouse wheel pans up and down instead of zooming in and out. It will zoom in and out if I hold the shift or ctrl button down and roll the wheel, but otherwise just pans. I would like to change this to (what has been the default on all my other machines) zoom in and out with the wheel without hitting shift. Any ideas?

Scroll to the bottom of this page and check the similar threads. If none of the suggestions help then post back. Out of the box though, this isn't software as I have installed it on multiple machines and works fine on all.

I have played with all the mouse settings, however i don't have a mouse icon in my toobar like other users. I have also tried different mouse drivers but nothing has worked yet.

yes just tried a different mouse, same problem. I also put ACAD 2002 on this machine to see if it was a 2009 setting, but it was the same in 2002(just panning up and down)

Right now, the only thing I can think of is in TOOLS>OPTIONS>SYSTEM, check to see that the drop down box under CURRENT SYSTEM POINTING DEVICE is not set to TABLET or anything other than CURRENT SYSTEM POINTING DEVICE.

Unless, within window's mouse driver area (under control panel) there is a setting telling it do something with this.

I went through control panel to the mouse settings and changed it to use enable program specific settings and put ACAD 2009 on that list.

Well that worked last week but came into the office this morning and its back to panning instead of zooming and the settings are the same as last week......... i think my comp is just messing with me.... any other ideas?

I went through control panel to the mouse settings and changed it to use enable program specific settings and put ACAD 2009 on that list.

Well that worked last week but came into the office this morning and its back to panning instead of zooming and the settings are the same as last week......... i think my comp is just messing with me.... any other ideas?

What kind of mouse are you using?? Microsoft, Logitech, etc?

• 2 months later...

hi PatFES, I'm having the same problem. We've tried all things here. I will be getting my computer rebuilt in September and hope that fixes things. For a quick fix, I save my drawing, close and reopen. It will last for a little while and I'll have to do it again. It's a quick fix for the time being.

• 7 months later...

I had a trial version of 2009 on my computer and my mouse wheel wasn't doing anything. This worked for me. Make sure that under the control panel setting for the mouse, the wheel button is set to "middle mouse button". Then go to autoCAD and type in "mbuttonpan" and set that to 1 even if it was already 1.

Hope that helps.