ShipConstructor and AutoCAD

Hoozin

First question, has anybody on here ever used ShipConstructor?

For those that haven't but can still help me, ShipConstructor is a database-driven, parametric modeling program that runs inside AutoCAD 2007/2008. It includes huge part libraries and can be used to model, in full detail, any ship design and export work packages for shop use.

The Problem: We have a contractor using ShipConstructor. The drawings that this contractor gives us in AutoCAD (saved back to 2004) have missing file geometry for (95% of the time) piping systems. What I end up with are leaders and dimensioning pointing to empty space on the drawings. The contractor says the problem is a limitation of the software and that a special viewer is required to view the geometry missing from the file. This, on its own, makes very little sense to me.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I've done some googling and can't find anything directly that can really give me an answer.

• 6 years later...