Keep text attribute in block at 0 degrees

neekcotrack

Is it possible to make a block lets say a square with and F in the middle. When I insert it at and angle for example 20 degrees I want the text to still be at 0 degrees. I this possible thanks for any future help with this I am using Autocad 2008.

When you go to insert the block skip the rotation option that you get in the insert dialog box. Instead you would set the rotation via the properties window (which can be set before you even place it) or simply use the grip to set it after being placed to whatever angle you desire.

You can take a look at the dynamic block in the block editor to see how it's put together so you can create your own.

insert.jpg

insert2.jpg

rotateexample.dwg

It not doing what I was tring to do. I want the text inside the square like you have. But the thing im tying to do is when you rotate it in any angle no matter what the text defaults to 0.

You're not using the rotate command on that block are you? You have to use either the grip or the properties window (the angle field under custom, not the rotation field under misc) or else the text is going to rotate.

If it's not that then I must be confused as to what you are wanting then. Because that should do it.

At my old job If you make a block the text in side the block will always be at 0 when you check select orientation at any angle you put that block the text will always be at zero understand now.

if this sums things up this is what i am looking for just not using the markers just click and rotate

If you make an annotative text style with 'Match text orientation to layout' and use the style for your attribute, the text will stay horizontal if you rotate the block or insert it with a rotation.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. I've tried the annotative text/orientation trick, but it doesn't seem to work.

Anyone have ideas? I'm looking to do the same thing.

• 1 year later...

I would like to ask in amendment to this question, how do you keep the text at 0 degrees, if you were to rotate an object and a text, say 90 45 degrees, but keep the text at 0 degrees the entire time. (for example, 2 blocks, 1 above the other, the top one has the text, and you make the center of rotation to the bottom block, and when you rotate the top part, the text and the block rotates to the degrees, and I would like the text at 0 degrees)