Cut & Paste hangs between drawings

ABGroup

Within AutoCAD LT 2008, I have two drawings open. I can click on an entity and right-click copy, with no problem. When I activate the other drawing and right-click paste, it may take up to 5 minutes before the entity is pasted. The entity can be as simple as a single line. The machine is a new dual-core machine with 3G of ram. I believe it may be an issue with the drawing, however I have gone through the process of cleaning and purging, but still no luck.

Please help.

Kind regards,

Harley

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• shahik

• ABGroup

• Opc 12

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, and what are the results if you start 2 new drawings, draw and line in 1 then cut and paste it to the other?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem, my pc was to slow and i didn't have enough ram.

That could be your prob.

By the way how big is the copied section if it is rather large then that might be your prob.

Try take a smaller piece to a new drawing.

Please take a look at similar threads by using the Search option above. As your search criteria use the phrase "cut & paste". If you don't find a solution among the available responses that works for you please post back and we'll put our collective heads together and see if we can help solve your problem. Works for you?

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering has anyone had any success in finding out why some drawings were hanging when cut/pasting- I have similar problems because I do tend to do a lot of cut and pasting from various drawings etc. I have noticed that even if I purge the drawing - my drawings are slower to cut/paste in than another drawing using the same template, this is after I have cut/paste larger drawings or sections into it. The file size has only slightly increased from the main template, and I may have even deleted the items I pasted in as I only used them temporarily.

I have tried different machines with high specs and loads of ram. I have also cleared out the PC's cut/paste clipboard and even purged all temp files. It "appears" the cad file still contains some hidden information??? Has anyone else come across this – I have only noticed this occurring in version 2008

• 1 year later...
The link is invalid!!! How did you fix it???

Cooter:

It is not uncommon for this to happen (link invalid). The post was made over a year ago and AutoDesk likes to rearrange things from time to time.

Are you current with the last service pack available for 2008?

Have you tried a search of the AutoDesk website?

• 2 months later...

icon7.gif how to fix copy and paste problem

type in -scalelistedit at command prompt

type in R

type in yes

type in esc to return command prompt ..drawings will reduce to a smaller size...xrefs seem to add more sscales to the list ..the more xrefs the more scales...

must be done for every drawing ..(not every layout)

• 2 years later...

Thanks a lot ,

it is working and I can copy and paste inside a drawing and between drawings with peace of mind.

I am very grateful

Shahik

• 1 year later...

Hi again,

I am getting again the same problem , Unfortunately I missed the file that I downloaded last time :( ,can you be kind and send me the file or the link to download it once again? My Auto cad LT 2008 has all available updates .

I am saying my heartily thanks in advance.

Shahik

CADTutor does not send files on request.

Have you downloaded and installed all updates and hotfixes for AutoCAD 2008?

Have you followed the instructions for editing the scalelist manually as outlined in post #14?