Cut & Paste hangs between drawings

ABGroup

yes I did,

and I followed the instruction of post #14 but the problem still exist

I can remember last time I had the same problem ,I got a link and through that I download a small application which by running that I got a peace of mind with out any problem.that was in post 18 may 2012

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• shahik

• ABGroup

• Opc 12

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried looking over at the AutoDesk website itself?

I'll assume you did not make the effort or if you did you were unsuccessful. Copy & paste the URL below into your browser or highlight it, right click, and select Open Link in New Window. It will take you to the AutoDesk website where you can download the Scale List Cleanup Utility for AutoCAD 2008. Note that there is a 32-bit and a 64-bit version so make sure you download the correct one. And one last bit of advice. Keep a copy of the utility in a safe place for the next time you need it.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/scale-list-cleanup-utility-autocad-20082009.html

I did test it and it works.

Edited by ReMark
Date of test: 1-Mar-2014

first I have to write sorry for my bad English!

because of my old LT 2008 there is no so much problem solving on that , I am not so professional, just a normal user! I searched the web last time and tried many thing as well as this time , none of them helped, therefor I came again here because last time the only place helped me was this forum.

In a previous post you said you downloaded a program, via a link found here, that gave you peace of mind. I take that to mean whatever you found fixed the problem. The scale list cleanup utility works in LT. If that was not the problem you fixed the last time (2012) then please tell us what was the problem.

I forget the name but I am sure that was a utility and 90% that was "scale list cleanup utility" , I can remember I have to run that on each drawing and/or folder that contains drawings.

According to the Readme file on the AutoDesk website that I referenced above the scale list clean up utility works on all AutoCAD 2008-based products. I assume that means LT too. Try it. What do you have to lose? Create a Windows Restore point before you install the program. If it works there is nothing further to do. If it doesn't work you can use the Restore point to return your system to the state it was in prior to the installation of the utility.

Did you or did you not download and install any service packs for AutoCAD 2008?

Edited by ReMark

Where is home? I'm located on the east coast of the United States in a region called New England, state of Connecticut. Right now there is snow out my window and it is very cold but at least it is dry.

That downoad is a utility, not a fix. You will have to run it any time you experience the scale list bloating. That link that Remark posted will require copy and paste to your browser address bar. A run command for the utility should appear off the AutoCad main file menu in the drawing utilities dropdown menu after install. Even if it does, write down the exe file name and install location of the exe file in case you can't find it.