Label an intersection on Profile

kc27315

I'm using Civil 3d 08, and I'm trying to add an intersection label in a profile view. the (horizontal) intersection is at station 2+50.00. It is located not only on a vertical curve, but on a horizontal curve as well. I want to make it so that if I ever adjust the profile, the elevation of the intersection will adjust as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, kc27315

OOPS, it should say "I want to make it so that if I ever adjust the profile, the elevation of the intersection label will adjust as well."

Thanks for responding.

Hmmmm. I don't know how reference text works. I tried typing it in the command line, to no avail.

kc27315

oh, I see. I looked at the website:

http://www.augi.com/publications/hotnews.asp?page=1207

and it was also helpful. I actually haven't had much experience with the label style composer. On my FG profiles, the PVT's, PVI's, PVC,s, PC's, PT's, PRC's, etc. show up automatically, but I can't even get a label to show up at the road intersections. On straight segments of the alignment, I can add a PI at the road intersections, and then the PI shows up in the profile as a PI. Then, I can just change the text to say Intersection instead of PI.

I've looked in the Label Styles menu under profile, and then tried to edit, but I couldn't figure out how to get an intersection label to show up?

kc27315

Give me a day or two and I'll see what I can work up for you. If you need something quicker someone else may have to help or you can try theswamp. I may be able to get a good answer tomorrow, but I'm home now so I can't do much to help.

It's OK, I'm not in a real rush. It's just something that's been bothering me over time.

Thanks for helping me when you can. BTW, I've been using Corridors on half of my projects now, and they're wonderful. Thanks for helping me with those, too.

kc27315

Sure no problem. That's what this site is here for. Users helping users. I'll just have to watch out for the Autodesk ATC Mafia. They may not like me disclosing so much info free of charge.8)

At this point I'm not sure if you really can have a label that will do this. I thought for sure you could, but thus far I have not been able to produce one. Oh I am such a failure!! :cry:

j/k

Well, I really appreciate you looking into that for me anyway. Now, at least I can be at ease, and not have to wonder if it's possible or not. Thanks a ton.

kc27315 :geek:

I signed up for the Swamp yesterday, so as for now, I'm a bit unfamiliar about how to get around there. I'll go and browse a bit to become more familiar.

kc27315

If you post something at the Swamp, maybe you could paste a url here so that I can find it easily.

Thanks, kc27315

I've responded to your reply at the swamp. I'm not sure the person who is replying to us understands exactly what I'm trying to do. I've attached a picture of what I'm trying to do at the swamp.

Thanks, kc27315

• 6 years later...