Publish in AutoCAD 2009 not working as it should

NBC

I have just had a new machine given me; and on it has been installed AutoCAD Map 3D 2009.

I am having trouble publishing more than one paperspace layout at a time.

The publish command looks to be doing everything it used to do, on my old machine. But when I come to view the pdf output, it only ever has the very first layout to be printed.

Any idea as to how I can get publish to output more than one layout at a time to a pdf file?

I am using exactly the same printer drivers (Adobe PDF) and exactly the same operating system (Windows XP) as on my old machine.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Please note the following variables:

PUBLISHALLSHEETS - set to 1

PUBLISHCOLLATE - set to 1

Guest Alan Cullen

Blue, I only started using publish a couple of weeks ago. The first thing I found out was that when I sent the publish job to a particular printer, it all just froze. But worked fine on the other printers/plotters.

Then I found out it had a lot to do with whether the printers have sufficient internal RAM, and if the spooling was done in the printer, or in the computer.

Maybe you should check that out. :D

Edit.....

But PUBLISH in Map 3D 2009 does work fine.

I am trying to publish to a PDF file though, so internal Ram, and spooling are non-starters.

I have tried to publish to physical printers, and the print doesn't even appear in the print queue; let alone churn out of the printer.

this will do my head in, until it is resolved, i know it

I just tried to publish to a dwf file; and that worked great.

It just doesn't work for any other printer/plotter

Thanks for that, I shall look into it when I have time :)

Thing is though. Printing to multi-page pdf files used to work without using SSM; so was hoping to follow that path. Interesting how that seems to be no longer possible :(

Maybe AutoDe$k justs thrives on making users' lives miserable.

Here's a quote from an explanation on the topic "Project plotted to PDF file only creates one PDF file of last DWG file". It appears at the end of the explanation on how to solve the problem.

"A PDF file should be created for each of the DWG files. However, a PDF file will not be created for all of the DWG files."

Huh? And they call this help?

It used to work; why 'fix' what isn't broken ?

Is that the American way ? (Apologies to all the decent Americans out there)

I'm pretty indecent myself so no apology required.

Why fix what isn't broken? Because they can. Did you know that from time to time AutoDe$k will put in a command, then remove it and then put it back in? Or it will change the location of the command? How about those "undocumented" commands? Why include them? Is it a test for the reviewers?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It sucks but it works.

I have been publishing to DWF and then, from Design Review I print to PDF.

I have noticed that AutoCAD is forcing you to work with .pc3 files. system printers are not getting the deserved attention in there fixes and corrections.

also worth to check this out...

cant post a link yet.. try to add http:// in front of..

usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=8057757&linkID=9240617

didn't work for me though.

Hope that works..

I'm having a similar problem. I'm using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 as AutoCAD. I can't publish more than one page at a time on my PC, I have 8 2.66GHz Xeon cores and 8GB memory with 64bit XP.

Just tried with 2008 on a colleagues PC - 2xPentium D 3GHz, 2GB RAM XP 32 and it works fine. All 64 drawings are now printing.

any ideas?