I have to shift-select to select multiple objects

PDS

Hi, well, the topic title says it all.

Right now, when i click one object and then another, the first object becomes deselected. Holding shift is the only way for me to select multiple lines right now (other than dragging of course) but that's not what I'm used to and it annoys me a lot. At first everything is fine but then after a while it does this without me changing any options at all. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Ahhhh, ya gotta love it. The value of the FAQ.

Welcome aboard PDS. :D

Yeah I had been looking through that but I wasn't sure where to look :)

Still, I wonder why this thing happens to me at random times without me doing anything out of the order. I just had to use the pickadd option again...?

are you using any form of customization, i.e. Lisps, Vba etc? These can reset variables without the user knowing...

are you using any form of customization, i.e. Lisps, Vba etc? These can reset variables without the user knowing...

Bare in mind that users can also have customisation files running without knowing.

I centralized the ACADDOC.LSP a few months ago, and just got asked yesterday if I had changed something...:?

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I have this exact same problem so I read thru the posts and when I tried to click the FAQ link the Admin. posted it gives me a PAGE NOT FOUND : ERROR.

Any help on fixing the issue would be AWESOME. :huh:

So no GOOD reply's .. I will figure this out!!.. It started last week going along fine I could select multiple objects without haveing to hold down SHIFT, then I close CAD now I can only select 1 object at a time or press SHIFT to select multiple objects.

Thanks. :glare:

So no GOOD reply's .. I will figure this out!!.. It started last week going along fine I could select multiple objects without haveing to hold down SHIFT, then I close CAD now I can only select 1 object at a time or press SHIFT to select multiple objects.

Type "options" in the command line. choose the "selection" tab. Under Selection Modes... Is "Use Shift to add to selection" checked?

Type "options" in the command line. choose the "selection" tab. Under Selection Modes... Is "Use Shift to add to selection" checked?

That is the same as the _PICKADD system variable.

PICKADD

Controls whether subsequent selections replace the current selection set or add to it.

0 Turns off PICKADD. The objects and subobjects most recently selected become the selection set. Previously selected objects and subobjects are removed from the selection set. Add more objects or subobjects to the selection set by pressing SHIFT while selecting.

1 Turns on PICKADD. Each object and subobject selected, either individually or by windowing, is added to the current selection set. To remove objects or subobjects from the set, press SHIFT while selecting.

2 Turns on PICKADD. Each object and subobject selected, either individually or by windowing, is added to the current selection set. To remove objects or subobjects from the set, press SHIFT while selecting. Keeps objects selected after the SELECT command ends.

That depends on your frame of reference now doesn't it. Good luck with your issue.

• 2 weeks later...
That depends on your frame of reference now doesn't it. Good luck with your issue.

Right you are!.. However I figured out my problem.

I appreciate all the help thanks!.