my ribbons missing

xxjoshiexx

Just had the same problem. For no apparent reason my ribbon disappeared. I even did a Repair, which was my first in 21 years of using AutoCAD, if you can believe it. In another amazing turn of events, the online Help actually gave me a clue to the answer, which was what Grant had already found. Once again CadTutor rocks!!!

Edit: And in the tradition of dropping shoes, all my toolbars disappeared.

Edited by CyberAngel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Polly64

• Dadgad

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had the same problem. For no apparent reason my ribbon disappeared. I even did a Repair, which was my first in 21 years of using AutoCAD, if you can believe it. In another amazing turn of events, the online Help actually gave me a clue to the answer, which was what Grant had already found. Once again CadTutor rocks!!!

If you live long enough you'll see everything! :beer:

Weird!! While reading this thread my full glass of Sam Adams Summer Ale completely vanished. Time for a re-install. methinks.

Weird!! While reading this thread my full glass of Sam Adams Summer Ale completely vanished. Time for a re-install. methinks.

You're on subscription, right?

So then you must be pretty adept at DRAWING a beer!

You're on subscription, right?

So then you must be pretty adept at DRAWING a beer!

Since the mug came from the freezer, I had to do a full clean re-install to achieve the frosty effect before rendering another Sammy. I finally did a cpu upgrade by putting at least 4 mugs into the freezer at once. That made concecutive renders faster. By the time the 4th mug was frost free, I didn't care any more. :D

Butt in the sand, toes in the water.

Since the mug came from the freezer, I had to do a full clean re-install to achieve the frosty effect before rendering another Sammy. I finally did a cpu upgrade by putting at least 4 mugs into the freezer at once. That made concecutive renders faster. By the time the 4th mug was frost free, I didn't care any more. :D

Butt in the sand, toes in the water.

AH, a quad-core, good thinking, if I ever need to find a non-frozen glass at my house I have to take one out of the freezer first.

The synchronicity of great thinkers/drinkers. :beer:

... synchronicity ...
Now I wish I had spelled "consecutive" correctly.:oops:

Funny: I had been married one week. One day my lovely (first) wife took the mugs out of the freezer to make room for veggies while I was at work. :shock::shock: Maybe it isn't funny, more like an omen. Three years later, I was free to date again.:D

This next is absolutely true even though it sounds like a scene from a movie.

A few years down the road after the big "D", a young woman I was on a first date with, invited me in to her place and offered to pour me a beer after we got back from dinner. I answered, "absolutely!". She pulled two heavy crystal mugs out of her freezer, popped the lids off of two Beck's Dark bottles, and poured them simultaniously with ONE HAND to a half inch head.:celebrate:

We spent a couple of VERY interesting months together, but sadly she had no interest in settling down. :cry:

Now I wish I had spelled "consecutive" correctly.:oops:

Funny: I had been married one week. One day my lovely (first) wife took the mugs out of the freezer to make room for veggies while I was at work. :shock::shock: Maybe it isn't funny, more like an omen. VERY PORTENTOUS Three years later, I was free to date again.

We spent a couple of VERY interesting months together, but sadly she had no interest in settling down. :cry:

Dana you should have a show on NPR, you are a very gifted story teller, you always make me laugh.

A few short months plumbing the depths of the mixologist's madness, eh?

Yet another dirty job that needed doing! :beer:

short months plumbing the depths...?

...dirty job that needed doing! :beer:

Oh my, yes. Almost 40 years have gone by and she still plays like a DVD in my head.

Queen: "She was such a naughty nanny

Heap big woman you made a bad boy out of me"

NPR? Naah, political issues. I make Ted Nugent look positively liberal.:lol:

I hate to drag up old news but I went through this thread post by post trying everything listed and it isn't working. I know I had workspaces (the items in the gear thing) and they are all gone except 3, so i can't change workspaces. I have tried MENULOAD and CUILOAD with no luck. I checked another drafters list under his MENULOAD (which seems to be the same list as under CUILOAD) and I found and reloaded all of the menu's except one I can't find EXPRESS. My ribbon says the same thing everyone elses did ... tabs or panels currently loaded. Everywhere I look on line it says "try menuload" that is not working. I went into the CUI and clicked on the workspace option but all my workspaces are gone so I can't change to them. I am guessing it has something to do with the EXPRESS not in the menuload list. I am really wondering if I upgrade to 2013 now if it will fix the problem or continue over. I don't want to lose my toolpalette or default menu customizations. I am going home for the day, hopefully we (you all) can fire up your brain cells again and help me (ment as a compliment). Thank you in advance for what ever you can tell me.

Perhaps you forgot the load the EXPRESS TOOLS when you installed the software?

Try entering EXPRESSMENU at the commandline, and see what happens.

You need to save your WORKSPACES, or else they will disappear.

You also can choose to automatically SAVE changes to your workspaces.

Click on the workspace GEAR icon and select WORKSPACE SETTINGS to tune the options.

If your workspaces are not in 2012 then they won't migrate to 2013, remember to click EXPRESS TOOLS option when loading new software. :)

• 4 weeks later...

In case those of you haven't seen this from Autodesk. It worked for me:

The link for below is here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14896109&linkID=9240697

Missing Ribbons - The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded

Issue:

Upon launching Civil 3D with the Civil 3D workspace you do not see the Ribbon; instead it looks like this.

Solution:

This happens when the workspace was not loaded properly after launch. It can also happen if following key was changed.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8000:409\AdLM

This key controls network vs. standalone licensing type. When this key is set to other than what's originally installed and program is launched unsuccessfully. After that key is reset back to original Civil 3D will have successful launch but the ribbons will not load.

To resolve this issue do following:

1. In command line type WSCURRENT

2. Type Civil 3D

3. Program will reload Civil 3D workspace

4. Type WSSAVE and overwrite Civil 3D workspace (or click on gear-like icon at the status bar and choose Save Current As)

5. Next time you run Civil 3D program will load Ribbons

• 1 year later...

I'm using Autocad 2013 and 2 of my panel does'nt show up under the manage tab, is ther anything I can do to get them back?

I had a similar problem last year when I installed 2014 for the first time. Your first option will be to try a REPAIR of the installation. This option is found in the Programs and Features area of your Control Panel. Windows will compile a list of all programs on the computer. When it is finished find and click on AutoCAD 2013. Then look at near the top of your screen and click on Uninstall/Change. The REPAIR option should be one of three available.