how can I scale an object only on one dimension?

psyfr3ak

hello

i have a picture with a diagram, and i want to scale it diferently on X and Y axe. maybe with extend? if this is the command please explain me how.

thanks

If you know what scales it needs and you're talking about putting in a raster image, you can choose 1-Dimensional scales on the insertion prompt.

If it's something else, block it and change the X and Y Scales in the properties window.

Noticed that the scaleaxis.lisp has been remove, so here it is a agian - no idea who the author is and it changes everything to lines but it is a simple way to scale everything in one direction.

;;;SCALEAXIS.LSP

;--------------------------------------------------
; ERROR TRAPPING

(defun errtrap (msg)
 (cond
   ((not msg))
   (
     (member msg '("Function cancelled" "quit / exit abort"))
     (command "undo" "")
   )
   (
     (princ (strcat "\nError: " msg))
     (command "undo" "")
   )
 );cond
);defun

;  MAIN ROUTINE

(defun c:scaleaxis (/ *error* *ss1 bspt ax mult refpt refdx newdx)

(command "._undo" "end" "._undo" "begin")
(setq *error* errtrap)

(setq ss1 (ssget))
(setq bspt (getpoint "\nSelect basepoint: "))
(initget "X Y Z")
(if
 (not
   (setq ax (getkword "\nSpecify axis to scale: <X> "))
 );not
 (setq ax "X")
);if

(if
 (not 
   (setq mult (getreal "\nEnter scale factor or <Reference>: "))
 );not
 (progn
   (setq refpt1 (getpoint "\nSpecify reference length: "))
   (setq refdx (getdist refpt1 "\nSpecify second point: "))
   (setq newdx (getdist refpt1 "\nSpecify new length: "))
   (setq mult (/ newdx refdx))
 );progn
);if

(setvar "expert" 2)
(setvar "explmode" 1)
(command "._-block" "SCALETEMP" bspt ss1 "")
(command "._-insert" "SCALETEMP" ax mult bspt "0")
(command "._explode" "last" "")
(command "._-purge" "blocks" "SCALETEMP" "n")
(setvar "expert" 1)

(command "._undo" "end")

(princ)
(*error* nil)
)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, This is my first post in your forum :-)

I see this is becoming a rather old thread, but i'd like to mention a Lisp we've called "fit.lsp". it works with autocad 2000 - 2010, and it quite neately solves the problem.

We wrote this little piece long ago, and I thought I'd share it

You can download it from our site. (i just got blocked by your forum saying only users with 9 posts or more can post weblinks, so here it is - in Morse Code) 3xw dot xordesign dot com and click the Toolbox.

maybe someone (with the magic 9) could re post a proper link?

I havent "kelvinated" the lisps as i dont mind you guys reading the code and are sharing under one condition: Do Not remove the credentials (please?)

Pleaes dont look at the rest of the site. we dont have much time to update it ..

best

STIAN

• 1 year later...

At least with Mechanical Desktop, you can use the comand AMSCALEXY. Select the object to be scaled. Then follow the command prompts to independently enter the X and Y scaling factors. I find this so useful, I am surprised it is not included in the menus.

• 1 year later...

You're lucky I'm such a pack rat.

FIT.lsp.txt

Download the file to your desktop. Right-click on it and use the RENAME command to remove this portion of the file name and you are good to go.

You know how to load a lisp routine in AutoCAD right?

• 4 years later...

I have an image with a small skew, so I have rotate my image and calculated the correct x- axis scale in order to remove it.

When the scale is set to 1 (or a number bigger than 1.01 or smaller than 0.9999) the base point is in the correct position.

UzQU6k0B1klSJwhEziaOY6nKWszLWGl3sQDLd8l3Mzay5M9fc0NeVam9upZquUSZ3Qw6A2gBIgH46qPa52CQYwl4vxfdSI22b8jZN_PkDPqy3Wk5zVYTh2tQnOAWOUm4GvQm1bRpdzXhgwbIB9QdgcE8-JwXNtldp4rkObST1dGbhHg5FsobENegpaaLAhpNahJ0BS2x4YI-mwRzeG4Bo3KKdsPl5QLWgBk-FHkA6Lp56l0-8kW1AbVGgUbXSIi6jBcz48FmFJzjH2k14hZ3OjETnMAmOOpdUfAtLt1_jAIWN6WTdJkkp-QtiRZgxmbxKGYf12l5abC-NDchCuJPtjL54VLMsGt4AFPt_WAyOjgt_SG8fQpFVSj7EmhUx-KkYqAMENBXduDiQmvM-wD7ZfkeyeFFx0i7d-Iaj1XlGVMUKBfrJmSpmBQx-B_1QZEca55In3qciSuU8cu3xVzVEmYlXVMMs6xcIekGzNvN7WzVhjUXZ6Fj3POjoe0vWG833dI-PjiiKiKQxM5M-t4MXDMngJM7mhhnfKEQrrgK9rMOJttPxBR94nOYfYBI3hZ0-4puOuyLVkRDG_XkMNzrSu3uxKYCjT5CIAYbLN7u_WzjTOVS=w457-h297-no

When I set the scale to 1.001, my base point moves! (the base point is on the cross-hairs, shown with a blue dot)

06LgJIE7x2JYsrcSa5f6VdbIStoCPMfsYWIrGh-PJ2A9ElmT4ZDdbbHySsLVl0pLTAhFTzYiffTpD9WaxbxRTR0ATu33YiqzgRM4P1FgMgTi8QJTTEVu7mNqnwvpRPOWAxpezk9HZ_xxrdohYt0Yo-cV3WMW426tPduXFN-VgdB73mMFuFXtAXj5-pAhXzklmtlDEYlnAuHOYUS71_FGlGfDtzf6Gx--xOAbzopilJidw-2f0GzgyZ_B9EyhzEkmB2SA91XYVT2ZJnmfIGkvP6PEIuCXYZ9uOcnTGAGCXF1cYFYalxwCep8fDH1n-42E51Zk2dEld40-STFaNxJ9vG7cMXGN2dOk6Y_eFYgcbPEdlodgeegSARG6ZXvEHoKEXK2mGWgDBrVd9IfDbswxv9GTvCHbSowzSAgckzuEL0sdAjhZefUN5D4X0N_rcyYrXQ6Hwso_M2Qqc_2ThGjggrn2u77aVkW-yc6zDkLRLFmwulGJwOm8vuXOPpKOt3ptlcqdevt_JlBOvehJGkrNTF93mfsaM658UDr_DTPV1gsIrAE9iITrjwT27g4iDRqfCQJxgIbVJSIXChSqn0_L6b1GkwoWNTOAvgpDGCkpvWqqr766=w457-h297-no