ARCHITECTURE
    Discipline
    Architectural
    Details
    interiors
    Using
    AutoCAD 2009

Default Hatch Scale Problem

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

I have to do dot hatch in several plans woth the scale 2800 as provided in sample plan. for some reason I ma not able to see that hatch in the drawing but by isolating that layer, i have been able to select & seet he properties of it.
    When I am doing the hatch using same properties, it says that 'Hatch spacing too dense, or dash size too small. I can seet the hatch only if i set the scale to 6200 or more, which results in to less dense hatch. (I have the pdf of sample file as well so I can compare)

Any workaround to make the hatch simialr?
    "An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drawing board & a wrecking bar at the site."
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Using
    AutoCAD 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dipali View Post
    I have to do dot hatch in several plans woth the scale 2800 as provided in sample plan. for some reason I ma not able to see that hatch in the drawing but by isolating that layer, i have been able to select & seet he properties of it.
    When I am doing the hatch using same properties, it says that 'Hatch spacing too dense, or dash size too small. I can seet the hatch only if i set the scale to 6200 or more, which results in to less dense hatch. (I have the pdf of sample file as well so I can compare)

Any workaround to make the hatch simialr?
    You could try adjusting your LIMITS in the drawing, but I fear that the size of the drawing itself is causing you problems. You may be able to hatch the area if you zoom in on it. Can you zoom in so that the area you are trying to hatch is the only thing visible on your screen? This may help, but keep in mind that if you zoom out, the hatch will look really dense.
    Stand back or I will explode ALL of the dimensions!!!

Computer Details
    Dipali's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    windows vista
    Computer:
    IBM Thinkpad lenovo
    CPU:
    Intel Centrino vPro
    Monitor:
    viewsonicVA1916w
    Discipline
    Architectural
    Dipali's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    ARCHITECTURE
    Discipline
    Architectural
    Details
    interiors
    Using
    AutoCAD 2009

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by AVITWeb View Post
    You could try adjusting your LIMITS in the drawing, but I fear that the size of the drawing itself is causing you problems. You may be able to hatch the area if you zoom in on it. Can you zoom in so that the area you are trying to hatch is the only thing visible on your screen? This may help, but keep in mind that if you zoom out, the hatch will look really dense.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think you are right it about problem being the size of the drawing. The area I am hatching is relatively very large. I tried the same hatch in smaller area & its working so I divided the area in parts did the hatch of parts one by one. that way it is appering the way I need, so thanks for that

But would still like to know if there is a way to do the entire area hatch in one go
    Changing limits or switching them on or off is not helping. may be you can help further by explaining the relationship between limits & hatch scale so how to determine the new limts?
    "An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drawing board & a wrecking bar at the site."
    Frank Lloyd Wright