rename a single block the refedit

flowerrobot

trying to rename a single block with out having to explode and re-block it, in mechainical it promped to save as a new block with a new base point when clicking save refence edit, when using 08 and 07

what is the command to do this,

similar to\/

discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=490225

RENAME will rename all instances of that block. If I chose to make a "similar" block I will open one using BEDIT and use the "save as" feature. You will then have to insert your new block.

RENAME will rename all instances of that block. If I chose to make a "similar" block I will open one using BEDIT and use the "save as" feature. You will then have to insert your new block.

sorry, but where is this save as command?, i only have a save refenece one that is on the little box giving u ablity to add and remove items from the box's reference,

what i am manly trying to acheive is, in mechanical, when u open a block and save it, it gives you and option to rename that block aswell as change its base point, one of my fellow workers told me that in standard cad you can place in a string of text into the macro line in customisation line, and it gives the same effect

As dbroada stated, you need to use BEDIT, not REFEDIT. In the BEDIT block editor, there is a button on the toolbar that will allow you to SaveAs a different name.

See below:

Bedit.jpg

FYI In Mechanical, when its refedit exits, it gives you the option to rename the reference as follows...

Clipboard01.jpg

FYI In Mechanical, when its refedit exits, it gives you the option to rename the reference as follows...

[ATTACH]6209[/ATTACH]

that was what i was originally wanted to acheive but they have the same effect. is their a way to have it auto bedit when u double click the block? as i would like to change an entire drawing office and many dont use commands or the like, as i was informened you could get ^ effect from changing some text or such

thanks for the help

After giving it ago today, the bedit comand is not what im after.

so if any one knows the solution to the other way it would be great

This may work. Do a control-C and copy the block to the clipboard. Control-Shift-V into the drawing (AutoCAD should give it some generic name). Rename that block then. Worth a try.

This may work. Do a control-C and copy the block to the clipboard. Control-Shift-V into the drawing (AutoCAD should give it some generic name). Rename that block then. Worth a try.

That will then be the original block inside a new block...so it would change if the orginal was changed...i think...

correct it does give a new acad name,

tho this command is even a little to long to become used ofter, im trying to find a new command for about 40 ppl 2 use. and atm 1/4 of dnt use blocks, 1/2 use the paste as block, which is very irritating when their is 15+ (%$080 eg )type of blocks used and trying to remember the name of them when going from dwg to dwg trying to update them, and the other 1/4 give simple names to the block, which then gets dubbled up of far to much because they have traces of a different block with same name, hence why atm the command from mechanical sounds like what i want,even if their is a command to bring up the box \/ would be great

Attachment 6209

regards

flower

• 4 years later...

Hi,So has anyone figured outhow to get this missing dialog box as it worked on 2012 now its a real paincan you copy anything or edit the CUI comands to renvoke this?Regards,Jim

• 5 years later...

for rename block after refedit you must subsitute the original mechanical line AMPP with autocad AMACADD (the second string)

$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,refeditname),""),^C^C^P(ai_refedit_alert)^P,^C^C_amrefclose) AMPP (string to change)

$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,refeditname),""),^C^C^P(ai_refedit_alert)^P,^C^C_refclose _sav) AMACADD (string to copy and paste)

the command in interface is :

xref and block save reference edits :

$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,refeditname),""),^C^C^P(ai_refedit_alert)^P,^C^C_amrefclose)