Visual Styles

Detrimental

In Options, on the systems tab, look at 3d optimization (or something like that) and play with the settings in there.

• 3 weeks later...

none of those work;

this is really a drawback when using acad2007 of 2008;

the shademode and even the hidden view looks like crap.

acad2006 has a better visual style

one solution I did was to increase its scale. I multiplied the size times 1000. it will fix the lines but only to a certain extent.

Im about to post on this topic on this and hope to get a solution

Hi;

Im having a problem in presenting 3D objects in acad2008.

The visual style is all jumbled up from 3dwire frame to conceptual Vis Style.

the image on the left is in 3d wireframe and is also the same when im using conceptual and shaded mode, the one on the right is in 2d wireframe. One remedy I did was to enlarge its scale to X1000 and the edges looked better but it was just a remedy and fixed it only to a certain extent.

I tried everything from managing visual styles; to display resolutions to viewres, facetres etc,, none seemed to help.

I was thinking that there might be variable somewhere that needed to be set to a decimal value something like that but all "help" menu couldnt help me,, lolz.

I really hope someone can give an insight on how to fix this

Thanks ^_^

What operating system and graphics card are you using? There are a number of problems resulting from the dropping of OpenGL and I suspect this is at the root of your problem. I had similar problems with visual styles - everything looks good in 2D Wireline but everything else is poor.

i find that if i switch back to wire then 3d shade mode again it fixes it...autocad seems to get lost after a while moving around in a shaded mode and the graphic card needs to get refreshed with this trick...as for something permanent?..

This problem occurs in 2008 and 2009 under Windows Vista and it is related to the switch from OpenGL to Direct3D. I have seen the same problem with different graphics cards (I am using a Quadro FX 1700 with the latest drivers and still suffer from this).

i dont know hazard, when i switch to shademode it looks more crappy than ever ^^,

but when I switch to perspective-shaded, just like in 3dviz its the only time that arcs and lines fall in place, i mean the lines and edges are well defined.

at the moment im using winXP with GeForce 8500GT graphics card. ill try to configure on the OPENGL setting but could this be a hardware problem and not in autocad? coz if its a hardware problem then even autocad2006 should suffer from this but mysteriously, it does not :P.

• 3 months later...

A found a slight fix. crappy visual styles are also caused by the model being too far away from the origin, the UCS world origin.

Even if you set a new origin close to the model wont work, it has to be the UCS world origin.

• 1 month later...

To make the Hidden visual style work correct – so you cant see lines flicker through at the rear – you need to turn on Tools / Options / System / Performance settings / manual tune & check the Enable hardware acceleration (at Open GL setting) :) . See the image below for the settings I had that resolved this.

hidden issue copy.jpg