Closing Dynamic Blocks - Drawing Slow

JBullseye74

Hi folks..........

Quick one on Dynamic blocks.... we are using Dynamic blocks more and more as a company, we are finding that when in a drawing which contains lots of dynamic blocks, then go into Dynamic Block Editor - amend the block - Then when closing the block Editor to get back into the drawing the drawing goes really slow untill we close it down and restart it.

Is there a setting we need to change OR is there something obvious that we are missing. i.e should we be minimizing the amount of dynamic blocks in our drawings or uncomplicate them?

Any ideas? Thanks....... :D

Are all the blocks under the same name? If so it might be taking a while due to all the blocks updating? Also are you purging? Can't think of anything else sorry.

Hey,

Yeah purging - can't think what else it can be, maybe you just aren;t suppose to use so many in one dwg.!

Cheers for your reply anyway. :?

• 4 weeks later...

What We Are Doing Is Simple Like Changing The Layer In The Block To The Zero Layer Then Closing It And Saving The Changes And It Says 3 Other Block References To Be Update And I Say Ok, But It Takes 15 Minutes For Autocad To Update Them And Come Back To Life, And Yes I Spent My 15 Minutes Signing Up For This Forum And Search For An Answer To The Problem That I Am Experiencing.

• 3 years later...

From what I can tell no one else has come up with a solution to this one. I'm battling the same crap in 2011 Civil 3D, anyone have any ideas? We're talking 1 block in a clean drawing.