2D screw

Yes, we can help you, but you need to ask questions. Where are you stuck? What are you not understanding? What problems are you having? Post a screenshot of what you have drawn so far.

Most (if not all) technical drafting books show three different methods of 2d representation of threads. Simplified, schematic, and detailed. All three methods use a "nominal representation" of smaller threads (say below 25.4mm or 1 inch) as to draw actual size the lines would be so close as to not give an aesthetic look to the drawing.

To what level of detail (see JD Mather's post above)? Is this an assignment for a class? What type of thread are you trying to draw? Some additional input from you is required.

Otherwise...take a look in a mechanical drafting book such as Basic Technical Drawing by Henry Cecil Spencer. Consult the Threads and Fasteners chapter.

:DThank you i managed to sort it

Yes, we can help you, but you need to ask questions. Where are you stuck? What are you not understanding? What problems are you having? Post a screenshot of what you have drawn so far.

:D Thank you i will get the book. P.S I liked your police quote

To what level of detail (see JD Mather's post above)? Is this an assignment for a class? What type of thread are you trying to draw? Some additional input from you is required.

Otherwise...take a look in a mechanical drafting book such as Basic Technical Drawing by Henry Cecil Spencer. Consult the Threads and Fasteners chapter.

Thank you, i managed to sort it. It was for an assessment and i didn't get my head around it. Your link was good. I saved it.

Thank you for the link. It's really good. I sorted my problem out yesterday. Cheers for your quick response.:D

Most (if not all) technical drafting books show three different methods of 2d representation of threads. Simplified, schematic, and detailed. All three methods use a "nominal representation" of smaller threads (say below 25.4mm or 1 inch) as to draw actual size the lines would be so close as to not give an aesthetic look to the drawing.

• 2 years later...
i also need it.if u know then why not post the steps.

And what type of screw were you looking for? A machine screw? A wood screw? Metric or Imperial threads?

A little more detail would be appreciated.