drawing contains authoring elements...

Little Bandit

Just a quick one - when I open my master template drawing I keep getting this message saying "drawing contains authoring elements, open in block editor?" When i click "yes" the AutoCAD freezes, when I ckick "No" nothing really happens. How to get rid of this?

am I reading you right? you can't get into the drawing at all?

no, everything works just fine after clicking "No". It's just an irritating little thing that really vexes me. I've just deleted everything from the dwg, purged it and saved it, it didn't help, i'll try with copying all the stuff into the new dwg - maybe this will help.:wink:

it means that you have opened a dynamic block definition. I would start a new drawing, INSERT the problem one. Open the block with BEDIT and remove any dynamic block items. You can then WBLOCK the resultant block back into its original file.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys!

Have the same problem and I was thinking about the dynamic block def but why does it happen? When I work with a drawing which contains dynamic blocks I save it and next time I open the drawing this message is poping up! How to avoid this stuff? :?

Posted by M_Hensley at the AutoCAD Discussion Forums in response to a similar question:

"That means the drawing is essentially a dynamic block with parameters added such as visibility states, etc. It is normal for AutoCAD to ask this question, and it will continue to for this drawing so long as it has dynamic parameters. If you open it with the block editor you will be able to see these parameters and edit or delete them."

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I have actually done this recently myself, and I know how it most likely happened.

I actually inadvertently inserted a block, exploded, that had authoring elements in it.

My problem now is trying to figure out how to purge out these elements.