Ltype Gen Fails Me

BIGMIKE09281946

I cannot get the polyline to display the starting and ending dash in any of the objects I create. Can anyone email me a file that contains an example of this?

I am having some other problems with my Student AutoCAD program that I also need to address. They are my F8 key only displays a splash screen, and my tracking function only recognizes the last tracking point entered.

Penn Foster ignores my queries.8)

See attached. Note that changing the sysvar only effects newly created plines. Existing plines can be edited thru the Properties > Linetype generation (enable or disable).

j1.jpg

• 5 months later...

Sorry to revive an ageing thread, but is there a way to change the linetype generation setting for an object via the command line? (ie: instead of opening up the properties window and changing the setting there.) I have explored CHPROP with no luck....

Thanks - I have been trying to get the PEDIT command to work for me in the way that I want to, but haven't quite got there yet.

Let me explain exactly what I'm trying to achieve:

I recently downloaded the Quick Keys function found here http://(http://www.dotsoft.com/freestuff.htm), and one of the things I am trying to do is to create a new shortcut (PO) that will let me select multiple polylines using a crossing window and turn all their linetypes to ON. Obvioulsy you can do this by PEDIT/M/select/L/ON, but I was trying to replace all that typing with just PO. The little command sequence that I came up with (command ".pedit" pause "l" "on") does what I want except that you can only pick one polyline at a time and that you have to pick it exactly (ie: you can't use a crossing box). I have tried adding an "m" (for multiple) after pedit, but that just doesn't work. I have also tried selecting everything before going into PEDIT, but that also doesn't work.

Has anyone else experimented with Quick Keys that might be able to suggest a solution?

does MPEDIT reduce the number of clicks/typing ?

I've just been trying to get somewhere using MPEDIT, but now I must admit to being confused.

If I type MPEDIT at the command line I get:

Command: mpedit

Initializing...

Select objects:

However, if I try to use the command MPEDIT within a script I get:

Unknown command "MPEDIT"

MPEDIT is also not listed under any help topic, so is it not a normal command like PEDIT??