Graphics:
    Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
    Primary Storage:
    Maxtor, 300GB 2x150 Raid 0
    Monitor:
    Viewsonic 20" Widescreen LCD
    Using
    not applicable

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Thankyou very much for the info Rickard. I see you're familiar with etching stuff, so I'd like to ask you for more advice if possible. I can afford one of both 7475A and 7440A you said, but I'm concerned about precision and resolution, which you know are very important for components to fit, specially for thin routes.

By the way, do you think I should make any mechanical adjustment for the paper tray so the copper clads wont get stuck with the moving pen or something else? Regarding these issues, I thought and found two XY plotters, an HP 7225A and a Houston Instrument DMP-29, but I don't neither how precise they are nor if they'll work with a Roland driver, do you know? Thanks anyway!

Best regards,
    George A.

Using
    AutoCAD 2000

George
    The 7440 and the 7475 don't have paper trays and shouldn't need any adjustments depending on the thickness of the PCB, I know I can load .025 pretty easy and stay away from the Houston Instruments, They are JUNK there, main value is to scavenge the Contoller and Servos for a CNC project
    n the original draft of the script, Arthur and his knights end up finding the Holy Grail at Harrods,Patsy claims that Harrods exists just so that people in Knightsbridge don't have to eat out all the time.Funny thing is I bought my Grail There

Forum Newbie
    Computer Details
    GeorgeAlbert's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Linux, Windows XP
    Motherboard:
    ASUS P5B Deluxe WiFi
    CPU:
    Pentium D CPU 2.8GHz
    RAM:
    1 GB
    Graphics:
    Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
    Primary Storage:
    Maxtor, 300GB 2x150 Raid 0
    Monitor:
    Viewsonic 20" Widescreen LCD
    Using
    not applicable

Hi Rickard, thanks for preventing me on the H.I., I also had an eye on a Roland DXY-1150, but I'll take your word on the HP's, besides, they're fair in price for starting this plot adventure far from buying those small lab plotters that mill and drill your copper clads into pcb's at once which are near $20,000!

Thanks a lot once more & see you around!

Using
    AutoCAD 2000

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeAlbert View Post
    Hi Rickard, thanks for preventing me on the H.I., I also had an eye on a Roland DXY-1150, but I'll take your word on the HP's, besides, they're fair in price for starting this plot adventure far from buying those small lab plotters that mill and drill your copper clads into pcb's at once which are near $20,000!

Thanks a lot once more & see you around!
    George Depending on how Adventurous There are lots of Self Design and Self Build CNC information out there, I picked up a 3 axis Stepper motor Controller for my Mill for like $200, and useing Steppers out of old 5.25 Floppies I was able to cobble up everything for $250-$300. You might look at http://www.cnczone.com/ there are some interesting Wood CNC Mill/Drills Out There, Where my Mistake was, Was using Delrin Instead of Machining Alu, But I've seen Wood Frame Ones that worked Real well. I mean for PCBs you son't need the kind of Accurcy I was hoping for for the junk I do Now that being Said the roland is a Great plotter
    n the original draft of the script, Arthur and his knights end up finding the Holy Grail at Harrods,Patsy claims that Harrods exists just so that people in Knightsbridge don't have to eat out all the time.Funny thing is I bought my Grail There

Using
    AutoCAD 2000

Ohh George:
    I ment to ask does Mexico Have 110 60~ electricity like the US? Just Curious, as deals pop up every now and again for CNC Drill conversions.

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Rickard5 View Post
    2. HP Felt tip pens suck! It is worth the time and investment to buy some Rapidograph pens off epay to convert to plotter pens I can tell you how.
    I have been hunting around trying to find this info on my own and failing miserably. Any chance you are still willing to tell us how to do this? I built a felt tip pen from an old marker, but it still fairly sporadic. It would be great to have some decent pens.

Also, it looks like the roland XD-CH2 blade holder is about the same dimensions as the standard HP pens. Anyone happen to know if they are directly compatible?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Fibonacci; 2nd Dec 2008 at 07:14 am.

Using
    AutoCAD 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Fibonacci View Post
    .....Also, it looks like the roland XD-CH2 blade holder is about the same dimensions as the standard HP pens. Anyone happen to know if they are directly compatible?

Thanks!
    Yes and NO, the Blade holder is a bit taller and my require some cuting of the plotter Case / Covers for clearance
    I'll post some pics as soon as I can about the conversion to make Repidograph Pens from old HP plotter pens

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Rickard5 View Post
    Yes and NO, the Blade holder is a bit taller and my require some cuting of the plotter Case / Covers for clearance
    I'll post some pics as soon as I can about the conversion to make Repidograph Pens from old HP plotter pens
    Thanks!

As far as the blade holder is concerned, it will work, but require some fiddling?

Using
    AutoCAD 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Fibonacci View Post
    Thanks!

As far as the blade holder is concerned, it will work, but require some fiddling?
    Ohh Yes the Blade Holders will fit the Pen Holders Fine, you may just have to fiddle with the plotter's case

Using
    not applicable

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_P View Post
    I've tried to locate a driver from HP and there isn't one available. I'm running Windows XP pro. I was wondering if anyone has tried to run one of these older plotters on a newer computer.

***you'll find it here

www.plotterdriver.it