+ Reply to Thread
    MoFo

Default Problems with psltscale and ltscale!!

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Hello,

Has anyone ever truly figured out ltscales? I've been so frustrated trying to get this to work.

Here's the deal:

The way we create our drawings is that we have a "master" drawing where all the linework is created. Then, we have seperate drawings which represent our sheets with the "master" drawing xrefed into these sheets.

In theory we should be able to set up our ltscale to whatever the scale factor is (ie 96 for 1/8th and 48 for 1/4) and the linetypes should read accurately. HOWEVER, this isn't the case. The only way I can get the linetypes to read correctly is to have the ltscale at around 12. When it is set to 12 the dashed line for instace looks correct....however if it was set to 96 the dashed lines spaces would be huge!

So, does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Also, in theory, we should be able to set psltscale to (1) and any linetypes in viewports that are zoomed to 1 1/2 scale should read the same as 1/8th or 1/4. This doesn't work either!!

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about??

Thanks in advance.

Bloke

Default Re: Problems with psltscale and ltscale!!

MoFo,

I think the link below may have an answer for you.

This (having psltscale=0) will work only if what you are asking is in relation to the scaling of viewports (ie. what you will see in a model space plot at scale 'x' will appear exactly the same in a viewport with the view scaled to 1/'x' xp).
    If you are looking, for example, to have one line to appear the same in layout mode, in two different scales viewports - then I think you are out of luck.

Hope this is of some help

Bloke

www.cadenceweb.com/1999/0799/tips0799

MoFo

Default Re: Problems with psltscale and ltscale!!

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Thanks Bloke,

That helped. I appreciate it. I guess ltscales are all based on plotting from model space but we plot from paper space so it gets screwy.

I set my ltscale to .2 in paperspace and turned psltscale on and it seems to work. Doesn't make any sense but it works.

Thanks again.