Changing font

Jimleon

I have a layer of text that I need to change the font type on. there are over 400 separate bits so I dont want to do them one by one, is there a method where I can select all the entities and convert them? I am using Autocad 2007

Thanks

You can use the QSELECT tool to select them and from there you can use the properties palette to change the text style.

You can use the QSELECT tool to select them and from there you can use the properties palette to change the text style.

Thanks Dave, however it is the font i need to change and not the style...

They're all in the same Style I presume? Then head into Text Style (Format pulldown menu if I'm not mistaken) and change the Font for the Style there.

Thanks Dave, however it is the font i need to change and not the style...

that implies that you have the same style with different fonts. I wouldn't work like that as you get into these sorts of problems. I would create a new style with the correct font and follow my initial suggestion.

They're all in the same Style I presume? Then head into Text Style (Format pulldown menu if I'm not mistaken) and change the Font for the Style there.

thanks Tiger, but that will only change all subsequent text not the existing, unless im missing something

thanks Tiger, but that will only change all subsequent text not the existing, unless im missing something
No, that will change all instances, past & future, of that style to the newly specified font.

No, that will change all instances, past & future, of that style to the newly specified font.

I'd listen to Dave

Sure it worked but changing styles like that often ends up like gum on the bottom of your shoe. The anyoing thing can be hard to get rid of

In general, it is not a good practice to change font for individual text objects. I work on a lot of files that other people have worked on. If I have to change the font for a text style, I expect that all entities with that style will change.

• 3 months later...

:?

As far as I am aware this thread's problem is solved? or do you have a new question Boba? In that case I'd recommend to start a new thread.