Can't explode block

NiceGuy8618

I'm trying to explode this block in a drawing i'm editing but autocad will not let me do this. Sorry for the newbness of this question, but is there something i'm missing. Could it be locked? Is that possible? Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NiceGuy8618

• NBC

• dbroada

• lpseifert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooooooooook. So I didn't have time to try that out yesterday, but I assumed that it would work. I'm having trouble editing the block definition after the blocks are already drawn. So I go into the Block Definition box and I choose the particular block that I'm working with and I go to the "Allow exploding" check box and I check it. After hitting ok I get the message "conv is already defined. 139 block references already exist in the drawing. Update the defintion and all of its block references?" I hit yes and it it deletes all of the 139 blocks. So can I change this property after the blocks have already been drawn?

you should be selecting an existing block THEN open the block editor. It sounds like you are selecting your block name while already in the editor so redefining your blocks without any geometry selected.

This may be an LT thing then. Try exploding one instance of the block first. Now when you have dialogue box up use the "select items" option to pick the exploded parts before continuing.

It still won't let me explode any of them. lpseifert: I tried it again but every time I keep getting the same message. When I tell it to update all of the objects it just deletes them.

sorry, I forgot the purpose of the original request.

can you WBLOCK the unexplodable block then bring it in exploded prior to redefining it?

Have you got a screen shot of the block editor (like LP did) and the block selected?

here you go. The objects I'm trying to explode are the orange conveyer lines. That's the message I get when trying to allow exploding for these objects

2655666829_5b4d65f45e_o.jpg

To my knowledge you cannot change it after it has already been blocked. I may be wrong but I want to say I have had that issue before in class and was told it wasn't possible once it is created.

(by cannot change it I mean its ability to be exploded.)

Well that sucks. If anyone knows differently let me know. Thanks to everyone for the help. At least I'll know now for the future