Animation

matt41129

Hello all,

I would like to know if there is a independent animation program that runs with sketchup. Like indigo does for rendering. I have used the animation feature and it works fine but the quality of the render is lacking. I know on the options you can set the resolution up and that kind of thing. But to actually export the animation (AVI file) it takes a long time. To get it to the quality i would perfer it would take a day or so. (There is alot of geometry goin on im my model) So i guess my question is.... Is there another program (perferably free) that renders the animation and exports it faster than sketchup. This model is for presentation purposes to my boss. The animation i have now does good, but id like to have something with a little better quality. Any suggestions? Any and all comments are appreciated.

Thanks as always,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. I ended up using sketchup and increasing the frames between scenes and it renderd good. Took about 18 hrs but it worked. Ill have to check this method our for future use. Thanks, Also, one last question... Is there a way to change the type of file you export the animation? I know the default is AVI.. I have no problems with this file format but just a thought incase i would ever need to know... Thanks alot for all your help...

Matt - i think AVI is the only output. Perhaps SketchUP Pro has different options... i haven't really checked it out.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is a direct answer to your question, but if you are interested in SketchUp animation, there is a freebie program out there called Antics 3D.

You can find it at "antics3d" (minus the quotes" and make sure that you add a ".com" to the end (minus the quotes).

P.S. - I also have SketchUp and AutoCAD links at my website of "chrispicciano" (minus the quotes) and add a ".com" to it (minus the quotes). Pick the website called "3D Modeling".

Wow.... I just need to make a few more posts and then I can start adding URL's to my messages.

How nice...........

Chris Picciano