Help with Ribbon

Scott44

I'm running Autocad mep 2009....All of the sudden i'm getting a message where my ribbon should be that says "The ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded" Does anyone know how this may have happened and how to get it back? I don't think i've done anything differently then i usually do everyday..

No, i wont. The only reason I did was because I thought it might be better off in the General area. I should have looked into moving it and not posting it a second time..Sorry Everyone

I found a web page that shows the message in english but the rest of the page is in a different language. Is there a way to convert the page to english? maybe there is an answer on it.

You could try replacing your acad.cui file. The file is found here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2009\UserDataCache\Support.

You want to copy over the version found under Documents and Settings. You have to "drill down" a bit to get to where the file resides. I think it goes something like this:

C:/Documents and Settings//AutoDesk/AutoCAD 2009/enu/support.

To verify locations conduct a search for acad.cui using Windows Explorer. Jot down the pertinent information (i.e. - path).

Thats going to reset any other changes I have made to it won't it?...But I guess if that's what I have to do in order to get my ribbon back then i might have to.

Yes. Any tweaks you made to the Ribbon will be lost. Next time, save a copy of your customized cui. Consider it a cheap form of insurance.

Well mine is fine. Its actually my co-worker i'm trying to help out. Since mine is ok, is there any way to just transfer the ribbon information over? I noticed that when you open the CUI file, mine shows the + sign next to my ribbon panels and ribbon tab. So i can expand it. Where hers all vanished and she cant expand it since theres nothing in there. I wonder how this all of the sudden happened. Strange..

This is the problem I'm having. My ribbon worked fine yesterday morning and when I opened CAD (AutoCAD MEP 2009) a few hours later the ribbon was gone. There's nothing under my CUI for the ribbon. I don't have the + sign next to ribbon tabs or panels. I can't think of anything that could have caused this problem. Can anybody help me out??

xsparksx:

I would recommend posting your question as a separate thread. I know it seems to go hand-in-hand with the one started here but your problem may be different enough to warrant different responses.

Have you tried any of the above-mentioned remedies?

xsparksx:

I would recommend posting your question as a separate thread. I know it seems to go hand-in-hand with the one started here but your problem may be different enough to warrant different responses.

Have you tried any of the above-mentioned remedies?

yes i have :cry:

• 11 months later...

I did a repair when this happened to me and my ribbons came back. for the situation with wanting to keep the stuff you made changes to, copy your acad.cui to your coworkers and she'll have the same changes you made