Line Type

GIB39

Sorry I realise this or something similar will already of been answered but Im stumped.

I have a line on a drawing dashed at ltscale 5 which looks ok in model and prints off fine in paperspace.

I have noticed the dashes on the other lines are not all the same as the one described above even though all the linetypes, scales etc look the same.

When this line is lengthened the dashes seem to get bigger of smaller depending upon which way you go but the other line keeps a consistant dashed line size, which is what I would like.

I have done match props but no change.

I was wondering if there is an associated setting that keeps the size of dash relative to the length of line.

Line types and scales seem to be a mystery to many new cad beginners.

Thanks hope someone can help.

What is the name of that linetype? The ones that come with AutoCAD will not do what you describe, not that I have ever seen any way.

This is at work and I guess they are standard autocad linetypes. I thinks its called dashed 2. I have never had this problem either.

Sorry I realise this or something similar will already of been answered but Im stumped.

I have a line on a drawing dashed at ltscale 5 which looks ok in model and prints off fine in paperspace.

I have noticed the dashes on the other lines are not all the same as the one described above even though all the linetypes, scales etc look the same.

When this line is lengthened the dashes seem to get bigger of smaller depending upon which way you go but the other line keeps a consistant dashed line size, which is what I would like.

I have done match props but no change.

I was wondering if there is an associated setting that keeps the size of dash relative to the length of line.

Line types and scales seem to be a mystery to many new cad beginners.

Thanks hope someone can help.

if you use model space and have diffference scale in layout..it could be like that.so u must setting lt scale

-maser-

I have 1 layout the line types are the same and the ltscales are all the same but the line types are showing different scales for some reason.

This is in model space and also in paper space. When I match prop these still do not change to the properties I would like.

Strange i know. I cant understand because all the settings are identical from 1 line to the other.

You are not stupid. Linetype scales have become more confusing as Autocad has improved over the years :?

Sounds like the endponts have different Z coordinants. Check properties and set both Z coordinants to 0 if drawing in 2D.

The problem is exactly as I stated. You have differing starting and ending Z coordinates. Use your properties box to set them to zero. Also, Express tools has a flatten command. Take your pick.

Tried changing the end z co-ord but no such luck.

From the example you posted it shows you changed the end z co-ord but neglected the start z co-ord. The dashes are foreshortened because of this as mentioned by RobDraw.

That was spot on. I couldnt see the trees for the woods.

I changed the end z co-ord but forgot to change the start z co-ord.

Thanks very much

• 7 months later...

Can anyone suggest why this happens. On some drawings, cad automatically adjusts the line type scale when the line length is altered so all the lines have the same line type no matter what.