Help with Align command in AutoCAD 2007 classic

trunksalan

I've been having trouble using the align command in AutoCAD 2007.

I'm trying to create guard rails, just represented by a thin rectangle for the rails and a square for the posts. I've been trying to align one end of the thin rectangle to a side of the square.

Nothing happens when i finish the command by pushing enter. I've selected the correct points also. It seemed simple enough from short tips I've found by googling the align command.

The overall goal is the have several posts and and rails aligned along a square perimeter. So, along one side of the square perimeter will have several guard rails

Is there such a command to "center" align a object to another?

Is there anyone who can help?

Is there an alternative way to align several objects along a line?

Thank you very much in advance!!!!

you can use the divide command to get equal spacings along a line then simply copy the object from you desired origin point to the nodes created by the divide command, or use an array command to place them

I think I know what you mean.. To align the end of the rectangle to the side of a square. I take shortcuts depending on the scenario. If the 2 objects are in the same plane, just attach a corner of one object to the corner of the other object. I use the rotate command using a reference. Align does work and sometimes all you need to do is read from your command prompt and see what it is chasing.

As far as repeating the posts around the shape goes use the MIRROR or ARRAY commands. It is really quite simple.

Gee i'm slack

Ah Thank you all for the input!!

This forum is very cool!!

I'll try those things when I get into work. My laptop doesn't meet the requirements for the new student edition software...Although 2007 worked fine.

Ah! Thank you all for the input!!

This forum is very cool!!

Welcome trunksalan! Yes, this AutoCAD forum is the best of the best! :)

• 4 weeks later...

hi, guys. i can divide a line but not a rectangle. i'm new, back @ aCAD '09 but i used aCAD 14 & 2K for a short time. it seems to me there was a simple center command where you would choose the object to be centered & then the object(s) to center it between (without having to divide anything). seems that there should be a qwik way to do this but i haven't found it yet either. in fact, i haven't yet figured out how to center this rectangle along a line or between lines. sorry-- very basic, not very exciting stuff. but thanx much & yes, this forum Rocks!