Linetype issues

Racer74

Has anyone seen and have a solution for the linetype problem I am having. I have attached a jpg. I did a print preview of my drawing and the linetypes that have text in the middle, i.e. water lines fences, etc... all have changed like the line pictured. Please let me know if there is a solution.

Thanks

ltproblem.jpg

Rah. This is something I've seen before; I dont' know if it's your problem necessarily, but what would happen is that some drawings' linetypes would randomly get out of whack. Letters within the linetypes would become extremely large or small (as shown on your jpg) seemingly without anyone changing anything like LTS or individual linescales, and it wasn't a Regen issue either.

When I'd go into the linetype editor (where you can create custom linetypes), everything seemed normal; the file was used by more than one drawing, yet there'd be an anomaly with no clear indication as to why this was happening.

What we ended up having to do was to change all the lines that had this linetype, Purge the drawing to clear that linetype, then re-import it either through copy/paste or through the design center from another drawing that had the same linetype. 99% of the time, this fixed it. It was a pretty easy fix as long as you have whatever's utilizing that linetype on layers specifically using them as well. -layiso and -ma become your best friends.

Hopefully, someone knows a better fix for this tech. aspect, but that's the solution I can offer.

Thanks Justin... I am thinking I may be the 1% here. I am having the same issue as what you describe. However, when I follow your direction and re-import through design center the linetype is still messed up.

Thanks for the suggestion, I wish it would have worked for me!

• 7 years later...

Hi. I´m new here so I don't really know how this site works, in fact, I've never been in a forum before.

I have a problem in Autocad 2013. I have two diferent files open and I use xrefs to work, and in a file I can see my Dashed in a good line scale but in the other file the same dashed (wich is referenced) doesn't show.

I've already tried LTS (Line Type Scale), CeltScale, Measurement, and all of those are 1. I also went to the window in linetype and remove de selection from "use paper space units for scaling" and both files are in the scale 1:1. I'm working in the model in both files.

I hope you can help me. Sorry for my english since it's not my native language.

Thank you all

Well, first things first. It's bad form to resurrect a 7 year old thread for a new question, but we'll work with it, for now. There's a button at the top of the forum page somewhere for starting a new thread. Also, posting in a relevant sub-forum is a good idea too. AutoCad General is a pretty good choice, though.

Alright, to the issue at hand... Which file are the linetype scales not displaying properly. the xref or the file the xref is in? I think, you mean the linetypes in the xref are not showing properly.

You'll need to edit IN the xref'ed file to match the linetype scale you are using in your drawing, I believe. first, make sure the layer the invisible line is on, is not turned off or frozen in your drawing, or in the viewport you are showing the xref in. Then, set the line type scale for the same type of line in both drawings to 1, and work from there to get both to show how you like.

As a default there is two linetypes acad.lin & acadiso.lin maybe you are using the two in the two drawings seperatley need to use only one, as a test reload all linetypes using the same .lin

As a default there is two linetypes acad.lin & acadiso.lin maybe you are using the two in the two drawings seperatley need to use only one, as a test reload all linetypes using the same .lin
That's probably most likely, of course.