Double click edit not working

rrwright

My double click edit function is not working even though...

DBLCLKEDIT is

PICKFIRST =

and my noun/verb selection box is checked

Any suggestions?

Tap your screen with a hammer, then wrap everything in duct tape.

...I got nothin'. It's a pretty interesting problem. I'll see if I can come up with something while I wait for some updates to finish loading for revit.

EDIT:

Alright, after a quick search...

is it possible that someone else has been using your machine. From what I can tell, it's possible to edit your double-click action in your CUI settings. If DBLCLK and PICKFIRST are correct, then....maybe someone loaded their CUI or profile and didn't change it back. It's happened to me that someone's done that, except instead of the double-click-editing, it popped up a shortcut menu everytime I clicked the mouse. Drove me nutso.

The CUI might be worth checking out.

Thanks...

I really like the hammer and duct tape Idea!:twisted:

I'll check out the other CUI's settings and let you know how that goes.

I went through all the profiles and they were all set to the proper setteings.

...The duct tape and hammer is looking better

Well, you've obviously had a look in the F1 help... Is the problem common for all double click instances, or is it more specific to individual commands, be it PROPERTIES, REFEDIT... etc?

Double check that they are scaled 1:1. I get that problem often from exported Dwgs. You may be getting the "cannot edit a non-uniform block" error.

If you are working in a company try to ask your CAD manager if they have disabled that feature. Where I work, the double click on a block will always call the block editor and I can´t change it to do an edit in place.

Sorry, no other ideas, well you can set RF for REFEDIT and it is almost as fast as a double click :P

In your CUI be sure the Dbl-click action for Blocks is set as shown (or similar). Also be sure Blockeditlock is off (0).

j1.jpg

lpseifert- I don't know if it's a general Mechanical 2006 think, but I don't have that option... in my CUI it runs from "Keyboard Shortcuts" to "Mouse Buttons" :huh:

Edit- Screen shot added below;

CUI.jpg

I guess 2006 doesn't have that option. Did you check Blockeditlock? (I can't be sure that command is in 2006).

I guess 2006 doesn't have that option. Did you check Blockeditlock? (I can't be sure that command is in 2006).

For me it's off, I think, set at 0? But the command definately exists in Mechanical '06. Might well be the issue for the OP...

• 4 years later...
Double check that they are scaled 1:1. I get that problem often from exported Dwgs. You may be getting the "cannot edit a non-uniform block" error.

I know this is a really old thread but, I finally know the answer to one of these!!!!!! Also, someone else may have this issue.

Open up your properties and highlight the block. You'll probably find it has been scaled up in the .x and .y but the .z was left at 1. If you need to change the block text then all 3 coordinates must be at the same scale.