Auto-mitering problem

WagglyFawn

I have 2009, so the auto-mitering in sheet metal works MUCH better than it use to, but I've run into a problem with it.

How do I make a new flange and get auto-mitering to work with existing flanges in the way?

The short return flange you see has a length of .750" and right next to it I want to put in a .500" flange. See what I mean?

sheet metal flange.jpg

Answered my own question! Just gotta use the corner seam tool!

Note: If you're wondering why there's no gap, we bend our parts up corner to corner completely.

new sheet metal flange.JPG

• 5 months later...

Hi, I've just found your thread above and I am very interested to find out how you acheive corner to corner joins. I'm using Inventor 2008 and really struggling to find a way to have no gap in the corners. I am aware that in the 2009 version of the software there is a 'No seam' option, but surely there must be some way of achieving this in 2008!!