Need Driver for Calcomp Tablet

Rickard5

I just Got a Calcomp Drawing board II, and the tech support guy @ Calcomp tells me I need to find Tablet Works 7.46 for Calcomp off the internet. The file name is TWSER2kXp.exe Apparently Calcomp Lost some stupid Lawsuit and Can not Distribuit some of the features anymore, Little Things like Tablet menus and 1:1 Digitizeing, you know all the stuff you might use in an AutoPest Product. HELP HELP does any one ot there have that drive for their Calcomp Tablet? I've found it in a few driver Sites but none of them work or their some kind of Credit Card Scam.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• nick bessey

• Rickard5

• rebardan

• 3 months later...
I'm having the same problem and cant find ver 7.46 tabworks.

can you fix me up mark?

thanks,

Dan

I've got them Dan if you PM me you email I'll send them to ya :)

wich tablet do you have ?

I got a rollup 2 3036. finally got the separate monitor and usb extender cable and another keyboard set up. I setup the menu areas and no go. I messed with settings, cnfig, tabworks and whatever else I could find for a couple hours thinking it was in the hardware. reminding me of the old dos days rassling with the machine to get a new device running. glad to find out its a software bust. I couldnt find how to send PMs so heres an email add:

rebardan at yahoo dotcom. I am back using acad after a long break. last ver I used was 10. This forum is a great resource. thanks guys.

My version goes back a lot further to 4.0.100.1124 and could be used with Win2K and XP. File size is 1.5MB.

found ver 7.42.0820 by searching google using rickard's filename. mailed them to myself through yahoo.mail which checks for mal-code, installed it and the upgrade for XP SP2 and now the thing works like a champ. or rather like its supposed to.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I was just presented with a CalComp Drawing Board (i) and asked to see if it works. I don't have any drivers or instructions for configuring the board. I would like to see if I can use the board to do simple digitizing in AutoCAD and also MicroStation. I currently use a Drawing Board (iii) to do this. I use the TabletWorks driver to digitize in AutoCAD and WinTab to digitize in MicroStation. It appears that I may need totally different drivers for the Drawing Board (i). Any ideas on how to get the Drawing Board up and running with the correct driver(s) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Rob

I'm not sure where you would find drivers for the DB I digitizer. I'm lucky I still have my old ones hanging around. I take it that a search of the Internet did not turn up anything?

BTW...Welcome to the forum rob8397.

Hi ReMark,

Thanks for your reply. So far I haven't found any drivers for the CalComp DrawingBoard. It seems to be a pretty old tablet (roughly 5'x4'). I have no instructions on how to configure the tablet. It seems a lot different from the DrawingBoard III...may have required a mouse/puck that had to be plugged into the board as opposed to a wireless puck. Unfortunately, I don't have a puck that can be plugged into it. This may end up being a fruitless effort, but I think I'll investigate a bit more. Thanks again for the help.

Rob

Turn the board over and see if there is a name on the back. Calcomp digitizers, like many others of that time period, required a plug in "puck". The puck would have had either 4 or 16 buttons that could be programmed with extra commands. There would have also been a connection for a power supply. You may not have the required parts. Just recently I saw a 16-button puck for sale on eBay but the guy wanted $150 for it. You'll have to search around for the parts. I'll bet a lot of these just went straight from the office to the dumpster as systems were upgraded.

You have the original Drawingboard with square corners and a square cornered puck?

The Tabletworks driver that used to be obtained for free at Calcomp, will only go so far. I got the board to work in Win 98, but nothing higher. There are some additional settings required required at TW level for it to work.

Wm.

Rob Please post a pic of the board, and a pic of the back (top) of the board where the ports are, I may have a Puck for that board, I've got a bunch of them around here:), I've pretty much gone to using wireless pucks and pens

That's right, I forgot. Rickard's house is the final resting place of all things electronic that had to do with drafting or early CAD. Parts-R-Us. Isn't that the name?

That's right, I forgot. Rickard's house is the final resting place of all things electronic that had to do with drafting or early CAD. Parts-R-Us. Isn't that the name?

it's Cuz I'm poor Mark :), When this stuff was new I couldn't shell out the BIG BUCKS, but as time progresses I can't LOOSE That "WOW that's neat, and that's a $XXXXX thing!" So when I do upgrades for customers, I can't throw any thing away, And when I see stuff like a Plotters I Wanted Real Bad when they were reasonably new for $25-30 I can't help my self, But Seriously I get locked in to this serious thing where I'll buy that plotter ansd the HAVE to buy 2-3 more because the other have accessories, and my fear that the one I got all wound up on will be a rip off :)and Yes Mark my Studio is Final Resting Place of everything Analog CAD, like Repideograph Pens, Templates, and Leroy Rails my OCD is Killing me

Rickard: I suggest you open a museum and charge $1 admission to help defray your costs. Send a flyer around to all the local schools and colleges to encourage group tours for students in technical drafting, CAD, and industrial arts programs so they can see what the "past" looked like before iPods, Wii's and inkjet printers.

Welcome to Rapidograph World folks!

• 2 months later...
I've got them Dan if you PM me you email I'll send them to ya :)

wich tablet do you have ?

Rickard....I am in need of the 7.42.0820 Driver.....I have a design Station Pro

Thanks,

Ans