Text Rotating 270' every time I edit??!!!

NeilGTi85

Hello all,

Ive got a problem with a drawing from a client and the text is in multi-line format and is currently at the correct angle, however, when I go to edit the text is rotate's it's self round 270 deg....

Any idea's?

Cheers All,

Neil

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NeilGTi85

• ReMark

• rustysilo

• Dipali

looks like the current ucs in which drawing is done is not the world ucs. you can check it out by making ucsfollow-1 & than ucs>enter>entr

I have tried that and it does not work.

There is something forcing the text to rotate, any more idea's? :)

Cheers

Neil

The paramerters are all ok untill i go to edit the text, then it rotates.

I have found though by changing the text style it does not rotate??

Neil

Not that I can see....Once you first open the drawing all text is ok....but as soon as you edit the text (double click on it) it rotates 270'

Neil

Interesting. Any reason the client would have to set their style to be rotated in the first place?

Do you know how to change the paramter of the text.....there must be some way to stop this as I have 50+ drawings to do!!!

Cheers

Neil :)

I'd check the Text Style dialog box. Look under Effects > Oblique Angle. Is it set to something other than "0" for the particular text style your client provided? If so, change it there.

Sounds like your dview is twisted. I think there is a variable that controls whether it rotates to 0 when you edit, but I don't know for sure.

Not that I can see....Once you first open the drawing all text is ok....but as soon as you edit the text (double click on it) it rotates 270'

Neil

Have you actually edited it or just double clicked on it and than hit escape cause it rotates?

Have you actually edited it or just double clicked on it and than hit escape cause it rotates?

The text is mtext, when you open the drawing all text is correctly rotated, as soon as you double click on it it rotate's 270', you then retype the text and return and it is rotated 270'!!

I have found that when I change the text from standard to aerial for instance it will re-rotate back to normall!

I can not find anything to do with Dview....will keep searching

The Oblique angle is correct at 0

Cheers, will get there in the end :)

Neil

edit - I am using AutoCAD LT 2008

Have you called the client about this and asked them what they did?

Its not the sort of client I want to tell that 'I cant...'

Maybe once Ive finished the job doing it the manual way I will ask but untill then....lol

Cheers

Neil

"Its not the sort of client I want to tell that 'I cant...'"

Then turn it around. Tell them how much you like what they did and ask if they would share the secret of how they accomplished it.

"Its not the sort of client I want to tell that 'I cant...'"

Then turn it around. Tell them how much you like what they did and ask if they would share the secret of how they accomplished it.

I have tried to contact them i min ago and its not possible to take to the drawing contracter who made the drawing for some unkown reason.....dont ask....must be a matter of 'national security'??!!

Right another clue :)

When I edit the text and it rotates 270', when I go to the properties menu for the text, the rotation is at 270' so when I change this back to 0 the text rotate's. BUT when I the edit the text it roates as im editing it then when i hit enter it goes back to 0.......

The the standard font style is automaticly roating 270'.....there must be an option for the text somewhere...

Cheers

Neil

Jeez, I would have thought by now we had put this topic to bed.

Would it be a violation of your contract to email the drawing to a third party? It doesn't have to be the entire drawing.

Jeez, I would have thought by now we had put this topic to bed.

Would it be a violation of your contract to email the drawing to a third party? It doesn't have to be the entire drawing.

It would defently be a violation....leading to prosercution...:shock:

It is something I have never come accross in 5 years of using all sorts of cad program's...there must be some sort of way to see the paramerters of the text??

Neil

It has now started doing the same thing when i open a new drawing....the text has been changed to standard instead of aerial......it has change the defualt text somehow on the program!!

Now it affects new drawings as well? That's very odd indeed.

Would you still be violating your contract if you erased all the linework and saved an "empty" drawing? As long as you do not change any of the parameters regarding text someone else could still tinker with it.