Message Need To DISAPPEAR

This Drawing Was Last Saved By An Earlier Version Of This Application.

Saving The Drawing Will Upgrade It To The Current Version.

When I Open Some Files This Message Above Appear To Me, My Question Is How Can I Make This Message Disappear?

I used to get that msg also, but now I can't duplicate it, is there a option checkbox to not show again in the window, or does it appear in the command line? I can't remember

When I Open Some Files This Message Above Appear To Me, My Question Is How Can I Make This Message Disappear?

I get that message when I open old files. AutoCAD has to convert them and it is warning you that it needs to update the DWG format to match the version of software that you are using.

Once I save them in the newer format, it never shows again.

I suppose it's for places like one office I worked in where there were PCs with different versions on, or if you're working on a client drawing you'll have to send back - which the other machine then wouldn't be able to read

You'd have thought there'd be a 'don't tell me this again' box to tick though :?

thanks guys, and for you strix espasially you understand what i need exactelly .but what you mean with 'don't tell me this again'

thank you again

the box 'do not show this message again should appear in the message you are getting which you can tick.

But I would suggest you to change this options.

Go to tools>options>open & save>file save>save as & set up to save as 2004 or (the lowest version you need to comunicate with.)

this will help you exchnage files with persons using different version.

If you save all your old drawings in a current version that box will never appear. You can use true convert (free download from AutoDesk) to do that.

Why are you so desperate not to have the warning message appear?

Thank You Dbroada For Your Advice, I Need It Beacause In My Work We Open Files From ANOTHER Departments Which Make With Earlier Version So, This Message Appear To Me

(note That I Haven't Any Access On These Files)

like strix, I don't have AutoCAD in front of me but I believe you can disable all messages with the EXPERT system variable. I don't turn it off as you could miss some very important messages, not just these information ones.

Your other option would be to align your installations of AutoCAD. Either insist these other departments upgrade or you downgrade.

like strix, I don't have AutoCAD in front of me but I believe you can disable all messages with the EXPERT system variable. I don't turn it off as you could miss some very important messages, not just these information ones.

Your other option would be to align your installations of AutoCAD. Either insist these other departments upgrade or you downgrade.

I agree with you on keeping the message but it is not necessory to have same versions. you can work across versions by setting save as file type the lowest version you need to comunicate with in all the system as suggested by earlier. I work with 2008, my clients works with 2006 & some of the consultants ahve 2007 version so we all keep default save as type 2004 & it works very well.

I agree but the OP has already said that doesn't work for him. I have to say I don't remember seeing that message for "recent" releases and only get it when I open an R14 file.

MR MAN,

In Autocad 2007, go to Tools/Options and the System tab. Under General Options on the right, make sure to clear the checkbox for 'Show All Warning Messages'. I think that will give you the checkbox on your warning messages to not show it again. Let me know.